“Great experience”

Ranked #2 of 11 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Galax, Virginia
“Great experience”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our MLK weekend visit. Nice, rustic room; hardwood floors, king bed, and wonderful location. Staff courteous and helpful. Had trouble connecting to, and staying connected to hotel wifi. We definitely will stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for the kind review of us. We are glad you had a good time while in Blowing Rock. The very corner rooms sometimes do have problems connecting to the wifi even though we have added a extra modem. We will call charter communications and see if they have a booster for the corner room. Hope to see you soon. Remember our repeat guest get 10% off.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Princeton, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had two amazing nights at the Hemlock and will definitely be back again. We had one of the small Murphy rooms and it was adorable! Tiny but well-equipped and decorated so cute! We cooked dinner using the kitchenette both nights and it had literally every piece of cookware I could think of. Plus, a wine opener for the wine we bought in the market and wine shop. The bed was small but we knew that before booking the room (our room was an add-on for a larger room). The tv is small by most people's standards but it worked for us.

We were within a 5 minute walk from all the shops and a small drive to the ski resort. We also drove to Boone one night to see a movie.

I highly recommend the Hemlock Inn! Quaint, affordable, great location, and has everything you need!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It really means a lot to us to hear someone so happy with their stay. We are glad you enjoyed Blowing Rock. Hope to see you again soon.
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I have traveled to Blowing Rock for over 25 years and have stayed at the Hemlock Inn many, many times! We love the historical property and the quaint feel of the rooms, the Inn, and the area. We love that it is in the heart of Blowing Rock so that we can walk to restaurants, shops, and the park. Great place with friendly staff!

1 Thank Alisa J
abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
It really means a lot to us to read a kind review from one of our repeat guest. We are glad you enjoy staying with us and hope to see you soon. We have several events coming up soon that you may enjoy. Blowing Rock Winterfest is first than Blue Ridge Wine Festival is in April. Hope to see you soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We've stayed here several times each year, for the past few years. It's probably the best value option in the area. The prices are among the lowest, and the location is right in the middle of everything, making walking easy. The rooms are a little on the small and dated side, but who vacations to stay in the room? Always clean, and the staff is quick to provide anything we needed. If I had one complaint it would be that the mattress was too hard. On our last stay, we wanted to mail a postcard to my mom, and asked where the post office was. The manager quickly offered, "Oh, I'll mail it" I said I didn't have a stamp, and she said, "No problem, I've got one upstairs." She even insisted that I didn't need to pay for the postage. A small gesture, but very appreciated. So nice!

Room Tip: The murphy rooms are a good value if you're a single person, or don't mind sleeping close to...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for your kind review of us. It really means a lot to us to hear from our repeat guest. We hope to see you soon on your next return to the Inn. Again thanks for the kind review.
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The stay was great. Blowing Rock is a small town located near several ski slopes. Hemlock Inn was very nice and was within walking distance (3 mins away) from restaurants, art galleries and other shops. Very Close to the Blue Ridge Parkway too. I will definitely go back and stay here. Oh yeah -they upgraded me when I arrived with my son. Reminded me of a bed and breakfast type place.

abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad we were able to upgrade you to a larger room for you and your son. We have a lot of families that stay with us and it is important we make everyone comfortable. We hope to see you soon. Remember our repeat guest get 10% off on their next stay. Thanks again for you nice review, it really means a lot to us.
Youngsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 January 2014

First off I never write reviews.. on anything, but I seriously felt it necessary to write this review. I planned a weekend away for my wife and I and chose the Hemlock Inn based on customer reviews and the pictures on TripAdvisor. I wanted something in Blowing Rock, in walking distance to shops and dining but not a chain Hotel/Motel. The Hemlock Inn seemed perfect. I must say that the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff was pleasant. However, I felt like I was staying at my grandmothers house. The decor of the room was completely awful and not very 'romantic' at all. The room took FOREVER to get warm and once it did it was too hot. We were either freezing or burning up. The bathroom however, was always cold. The place is old which meant you could hear EVERYTHING. I ended up having to go to Walmart in nearby Boone a few hours after we arrived to pick up a fan for noise while sleeping to drown out what was going on around us. But even with the fan we were awakened Sunday morning at 6:45 to what sounded like movers or a heard of wild cattle. It went on for over an hour and was extremely annoying. The room we were in, as well as the other room we looked at, could seriously benefit from a coat of paint (and remove the hideous border on the wall that was never really in style), new curtains and some update wall art. Overall it's not a 'bad' place to stay, just not right for the price. I would not return to the Hemlock Inn and I would not recommend it to friends or family. My advice is to look around in the area, there are much nicer places for around the same price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David M
abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We have two rooms on schedule for complete remodel for end of February. I don't know what room you were in but probably the one for remodel. We do have most of our rooms already updated , maybe you can give us another try for a different room that you may like better. You can see the inside of all our rooms on the web site. We hope you had a good time in Blowing Rock and a Happy Anniversary.
Arden, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Really love staying here. Shops are within walking distance, great places to eat, and great atmosphere. Big problem however....Beds were very uncomfortable, very poor sleep for all in our group!! Stayed here last year, different room and had no problems.

abby7987, Owner at Hemlock Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We treasure our repeat guest. All of our mattaras are within three years old. We do have extra supports for the beds that are in our two room suites. That may make them feel harder. These suites sometimes really great the work out with big groups. We hope you can come and join us for the Winterfest we have coming up soon. And remember our repeat guest get 10% off on the next stay. Hope to see you soon.