“Good Beer, Good Food, Good Space.”

Blowing Rock Ale House & Inn
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Description: Blowing Rock Brewing Company is committed to providing you with handcrafted, mountain artisan beer. All of our beers are brewed on site using fresh, local ingredients. "Go To The Mountains" can be found on our cans for a reason, and its not just because we want you to visit. Everything about our brews captures the finest qualities of the High Country, all the way from our ingredients to our team that sells, samples and serves them. Our Legacy Series offers you our flagship brews. These have been with us since the very beginning. Our Ale House Series consists of our ever-changing, artisan brews which we craft by experimenting with local ingredients and mountain resources. We invite you to join us in our Ale House restaurant to enjoy our upscale, locally sourced mountain cuisine and artisanal craft beer brewed on-site. Brewery tours are available Saturdays 1-5.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We thought the food and beer were very good, and the building itself is very nice. We had to wait around 20 minutes for a table at 8pm on a weeknight in summer. As we learned, this is a great place to get a beer and relax. After getting a beer at the bar (double IPA - very good), we played some foosball on a very nice table in the game room. There were also two dartboards in the game room. We could have just as easily waited in one of two elegant sitting rooms or at a nice table on the front lawn. If I just wanted to hang out with friends over a few beers, this would be a great place. Even though the spaces are very nicely appointed, we did not feel out of place in our casual shorts and t-shirts.

The dining room is small, only a few tables, but it doesn't feel crowded. The menu was fairly small, mostly sandwiches, salads, and appetizers, but the food was good. There was a kids menu, so my kids were happy. The beer menu was pretty good - I think there were maybe 6 or seven brews on tap, and the double IPA, ESB, and Scotch ale I sampled were all tasty. If you are looking for a casual, but nice place to eat, drink, or hang out,while in Blowing Rock, you have to give this place a visit!

There are newer reviews for Blowing Rock Ale House & Inn

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I wanted to get out of the house for the day so we took the ride to Blowing Rock. There we walked all over town then decided we would like a little something to eat and have a few beers. So we went to Blowing Rock Ale House & Inn. What a great place, never disappointed!!! We each order a flight plan and picked different brews for each. I am pretty for sure I had the better selection, if you ask him, he would say He did. So I guess you would say the beer selection there is fantastic and so worth the drive. The food is always good, so good in fact that I refuse to order the same thing, I always get something different. This time we were not super hungry so we only ordered Appetizers. I was so happy with my selection and so was my Husband, he ordered the homemade pretzels and I ordered the filet tacos, WOW...WOW... WOW!!! What a great combination of flavors!
We sat in the back outdoors at the picnic table under a nice little umbrella. Just enough to keep the little sprinkles off, non the less it was as if we had our own private restaurant. Wonderful place, great staff, excellent food, great beer. All and all a class act place!

I really like this place and will continue to go back again and again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We only went for the beer, and it was delicious! We had the pilsner, farmhouse peach, and IPA, and they were all wonderful. Great atmosphere, the food smelled great, but we had already eaten dinner. Next time we're going back for more beer and dinner as well.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Enjoyed a delicious lunch and had some really good beers at the AleHouse. Bison burger was delicious, and so were the appetizers we tried. Liked the local brewed beers a lot, had to return later to try a few more. Fantastic service from the hostess to our waiter. If you're in Blowing Rock and you like beer then head to the BR AleHouse, you won't regret it.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I usually love this place as can be seen by my last review. However, this summer, we ate there twice and the results were quite inconsistent and I was embarrassed to recommend it so highly to my dining companions. The beer and my chicken sandwich was good as always. However, the service was VERY slow. Do not sit outside for dinner under any circumstances. We were eaten alive by bugs and the service was almost non existent. One member of our party got a chicken sandwich without the top bun. Another really disliked the pile of fries with cheese. I forget what it was called. We also overheard at least two other parties with messed up orders or a very long wait for their food. I hope the management recaptures the magic from opening week. We will give it another chance next time.

Lauren B, Public Relations Manager at Blowing Rock Ale House & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hey there,

We sure do hate to hear that your last trip to the Ale House was not as enjoyable as others! We really do strive to maintain consistency in all of our services here, whether that be the beer, the wait staff or the food. We have monthly meetings between all restaurant, kitchen and brewery staff for this reason alone. From what you have described in your review, your last trip to see us was definitely not up to the standards that we hold as a company. We promise we will communicate your complaints to all of our staff, and work even harder to make sure this never happens again.

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. Advice and constructive criticism from our patrons make us even better every day. We sure do hope that you'll come see us again.

Cheers,