“:(”

Dining options: Reservations
Florida
“:(”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I've had a previous good experience with Outback in Blowing Rock, but it seems to have gone downhill over the past few months. My family and I went for a late lunch and honestly when I go to a steakhouse, I EXPECT the cook to be able to cook a steak to order. 3 out of 4 steaks in out party was sent back, no once, but TWICE. Management was apologetic, wait staff referred to herself as the "messenger". Overall I'm unimpressed and I will not be back.

• Visited January 2014

Gastonia, North Carolina
“What Happened here?”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

When coming to Blowing Rock always like to eat here but something has gone wrong. Saturday evening about 5 pm came in had 15 minute wait and that was good. Got seated something to drink rather promptly and then downhill it went. Placed order and waitress disappeared for an extended time, when she finally returned and told us "bad news" she said we are out of T-Bones HUH WHAT! steakhouse out of steak especially on a Saturday. She offered no solution just made her announcement and stood and stared at us. So we had to order a more expensive steak and no discount since it was their fault, guess it was do that or leave. Had to ask for complimentary bread. Steaks took extreme long time to come. Salad seemed old, steak tough and not hot. Ribeyes usually never chewy. Not very encourage to come back here. Only eason we stayed was we were using a gift card.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank rsdeacon
Lansing, North Carolina
“Ok food and service..”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My fiancee and I went here this evening for a dinner date at around 8pm. We were seated quickly but the place was packed. I guess I am one that enjoys more peaceful settings because I felt that the atmosphere was very loud and a bit too dark, not a very good place for an intimate date. To start off we ordered a blooming onion and our drinks, all of which were brought out quickly. Our sever never offered us any straws but was quick on refills. We enjoyed the blooming onion until we got towards the middle and saw that there was raw batter. Our steaks were ok, nothing to brag about but edible. I have had far better steaks in Boone and Blowing Rock for the same price. The kitchen forgot one of my side items so they had to send it out separately after I pointed it out to the waitress. We had a $25 gift card to go on our meal and still had to pay $30. Without a giftcard I do not think I would return.

• Visited December 2013
Angier NC
“What happend to this place?”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We celebrated our anniversary in the Mountains. My wife wanted steak and potato so thought I would play it safe and go with a franchise place. This place was empty on a Tuesday night at 6:00 kind of scared us. There was no bartender the waiters had to make the drinks.
Ordered a salad with my meal they now charge for this? Used to be a good size bowl now a small plate. This thing was must have been made night before cold as ice and brown. Ordered a Pittsburgh steak raw inside and out. Sent it back new one was no better. Shame this used to be a treat to visit. Paid $50 bucks for two small sirloins and a drink no appetizer, $50 bucks used to be alot of food here.

• Visited November 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The usual good food and service. The teriyaki medallions were excellent, and the loaded baked potato was huge.

Visited October 2013