“Tired dining venue with benches and tables that do not move and average food and service.”

Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant & Catering Service
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Located just minutes South of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Highway 321 Bypass in Blowing Rock, NC, Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant specializes in North Carolina Barbeque Pork and Ribs, great food, nightly entertainment and catering. Our Restaurant’s Menu features barbeque beef, pork, chicken and ribs plus home style Mexican food. Family oriented with a rustic atmosphere. We cater to bus tours. Dine In - Take out - Catering Service Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant is one of North Carolina’s best Barbeque Restaurants. Our Menu features barbecue beef, pork, chicken and ribs. Home style Mexican food. Plus large selection of everyone’s favorite appetizers, sandwiches and desserts. Live nightly entertainment. Dine and listen to some of the best local musicians. Bar Lounge has all ABC permits and a wide screen TV. Our Catering specializes in Barbecue and Pig-Pickin’s for parties large and small. The catering staff arrives with your main course still smoking over hot hickory coals. Then your pork is chopped just minutes before serving it to your guests along with all the fixin’s.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Dined here during our recent trip to Blowing Rock. I read the reviews and went anyway hoping for the best. I will not rate BBQ because there is such a variance between the many different places that prepare BBQ. My rule is just do not order BBQ up north, far left coast or upper Midwest. That rule has served me well. I have had BBQ in all over the south from Carolinas to Texas to Oklahoma, from Memphis to St Louis and everybody does it different- so no rating the BBQ other than to say that I thought the RIbs were what they did best. The remainder of the food other that the BBQ was just average- sorta of a fried food heaven-for sure not a farm to kitchen type of place.
Other than just being an average restaurant, the tables in the entire place were afixed to the floor and so were the benches. Perhaps this makes it easier to clean up or keep the patrons from moving the benches around to enjoy the regularly schedule pickers and performers. Note that we scheduled our time to arrive about 20 minutes before the time the website listed for the music to start. Upon inquiry, we were advised that the actual time was 30 minutes later than posted on the website. They were starting as we were departing. Prices were ok.
In summary, next trip, we will place a pick up order of ribs and get the rest of our food elsewhere for an enjoyable picnic or dining at the condo.

There are newer reviews for Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant & Catering Service

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We came on a busy Friday night. The place was packed and there was live music (one guy with a guitar or piano). The ambient noise level was pretty loud so not the place for a great conversation. The food was exactly what you would expect from the name of the restaurant. Loved our pork bbq and hush puppies! Okra was delicious as well. I'd take a pass on some of the other sides if I went again, veggies a bit overcooked. However that doesn't take away much.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were staying next door and told the BBQ was none better. I would agree - the good was good. The place was packed on a Sunday evening. The seating is all picnic tables and it is quite loud inside. Also, the night we were there, there was a man singing with a guitar. He was quite loud for the size of the room making it difficult to talk even to the person next to you. I would go again on a night without the music.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have eaten at many BBQ restaurants and this is one of the best. I had the chopped pork BBQ plate with 3 sides (collards, fried okra, and regular cole slaw) and hush puppies. The BBQ was delicious..not too smoky or fatty and tender. The sides were also good..okra fried perfectly, collards not bitter, and slaw not too sweet or tangy. Will definitely return on my next visit to Blowing Rock.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has great food and service. Intimate, local feel to the dining area. The live country music was a perfect complement to this style eatery. Plenty of activity and hearty conversation, so we didn't have to worry about our kids being to loud. If you are looking for quiet and upscale dining then this is not it. We wanted an entertaining evening with a relaxed atmosphere and this place delivered.