“Excellent food and value”

Woodlands Barbecue and Pickin Parlor
Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
“Excellent food and value”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal at Woodlands and very good service too. Baby back rib meat practically melted off the bone! The rib and chicken combo comes with 3 sides and cornbread and is a huge meal for the money.

Visited August 2014

Belmont, North Carolina
“Plenty of BBQ in Blowing Rock”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It seems the past year or so when we stop to eat BBQ, even the local places near our house, the meat has been getting less and less with more gristle. We stopped here on a recommendation of a friend who knows good food. ( he owns a NY style Deli in NC) the food was more than any of us could eat. The BBQ was delish! The service was friendly and fast. A definite place to stop!

• Visited May 2014
Athens, Georgia
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I haven't eaten here since I was a kid, even though I live 20 minutes away. My husband and I ate here today and the food and flavors have not changed. Excellent bbq, we got a Pork BBQ Basket and a Beef BBQ Basket. Both delicious. Their coleslaw was really good, loved the hushpuppies, the bbq sauce is also delicious. Our waitress was really sweet as well. Would go back again,

Mooresville, North Carolina, Usa
“Good Down Home BBQ”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Everytime I get in the area I have to stop at Woodlands for some slow smoked chopped pork BBQ, Corn on the cob and baked beans. Some of the best BBQ I've ever eaten and I used to drive truck across the US and stopped at many places in the last 30+years. The waitress was great and like always greated us with a smile and made sure we had enough to drink. We stopped late around 8PM on a Thursday this time and it was pretty crowded. Great bluegrass music being played also.

• Visited August 2014
“Wonderful atmosphere, Excellent service, Great Food”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The live entertainment was concert quality! Our waitress (Michala) was wonderful. She made sure our drinks were full, and our food came out on time. She was knowledgeable about the food and was able to make recommendations. I liked the sweet tea, the BBQ was good, and the best by far was the apple sticks! The apple sticks came out piping hot with a tray of fluffy whipped topping....Yum Yum!! I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone passing through Blowing Rock, NC.