“Charming place with friendly staff”

The Village Inns Of Blowing Rock: The Ridgeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The woman at the front desk was super helpful in suggesting nice hikes. Room was really cute with two queen beds and pine panel ceilings. Big TV and nice bathroom. The continental breakfast was tasty, too. I liked being so close to the center of town. I thought the place had lots of charm and character.

Room Tip: We had 101 on the road and it was quiet, believe it or not.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fanoftennis

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Inn is located in downtown Blowing Rock and is within walking distance of wine shops, restaurants and many locally owned stores. The hotel is clean and the service is friendly. We stayed in the Wauhonhasee Suite which includes a full kitchen, master bedroom with king size bed and fire place, a second bedroom for the kids, walk-in shower, sauna and outdoor deck for that glass of wine after a hard day of sight seeing.

When I make my next journey to Blowing Rock I will stay at the Ridgeway Inn again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ralph S
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband and I were very disappointed! We see where others wrote good reviews but our upgrade suite were in is very dirty, rust around ventilation system, ants in bathroom, black mold in pipes for the jacuzzi tub, LOTS of dust on most surfaces, hairs stuck on celling of the bathroom (only 6' 4'" high in some parts), black stains on red carpet going from bed to bathroom. Would not recommend!! We don't walk around without our shoes. Hotel says they came and ran the jets in the tub and the mold does not shoot out of the jacuzzi jets ,they sprayed the ants and dusted yet they left the hair and the ants are back ! You can see the mold so what do we care if it shoots out or not ! ! I wish this page had pics I could post ;( $169 a night I am crying.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kendra C
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We went for a ski weekend to Blowing Rock and picked this hotel due to positive reviews from this site. The accomodations were adequate, the rooms were on the small side and the bathrooms did not have any space to put anything other than a toothbrush
The service was friendly enough, but the results were less than ideal. My father had two days of his stay where the room was not cleaned and he did not have his towels changed, or fresh soap. I had one day when our room was not made up, and when I called the front desk, they told me that my husband had said he did not need anything, so they took it to mean not to make the room up and that the staff had gone out for the day. All I got were some towels
In general, I felt the hotel was not equipped to provide a good service for the price

Room Tip: Only stay there if you can get the cottages or suites, not the regular rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BabiAlarcon
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Checking out the area for a family getaway. Lovely area. Stopped at the Ridgeway Inn for the night. Stayed in a suite which was clean and stylish. Fireplace, jacuzzi tub, sitting room. Walking distance to the downtown area, close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, and cute Inn grounds. Came back to the area several weeks later but they were already booked up full. I can understand why. We wanted to get the Lavender Twilight Cottage with 2 rooms, kitchen, washer and dryer....the works to accomodate our family. We will definitely be back to try it out. The breakfast was better than continental and the staff was very attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: Good place for a romantic getaway and to take the family with all the amenities to accomodate them.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ejmini
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this 2 bedroom 1 bath cottage with our two boys to see snow. We choose this for the location, price, and amenities. We looked at staying in a cabin but wanted something closer town so we didn't have to cook if we didn't want to, but also something charming an private. These cottages seemed to be a perfect fit. We we able to walk down Main Street to many restaurants (our favorite was When it snowed), ice cream shop, fudge shop, shopping, local playground park, and local mini- market. A quiet charming town. Close to App Mountain ski - 7 minutes top, 40 mins to Sugar and Beech. , 25 mins to Grandfather Mountain, 1 mile to Blue Ridge Pkwy.
The Lavender cottage did not disappoint in charm and with lovely decor. It has a fireplace, washer and dryer (full size) and an air jetted tub. The upstairs loft has a king bed and was large for our boys 9 & 12. The master for us was downstairs (a little smaller) but you could use both - downstairs is closer to bathroom and has a walk in closet big enough for a pack n play. The patio was private for us because the inn was quite during our stay after the New Years rush, however if the inn was full your patio table is next to others. The bed was comfortable with lots of down pillows and the cottage had most things you would need. It does not have a DVD player - we had rain two days and would have enjoyed a DVD player. We extended our stay to 7 nights to be able to see snow. I agree with previous guests; the staff were all extremely pleasant and so willing to help.

The 8th night we stayed in the Wanalasse Suite and although it was larger we quite preferred the cottage. Although it was beautiful and definitely more spacious in the living room, The suite did not have a tub or W & D and the fireplace is see through to the living room from the bedroom. Check out the virtual tours - they help. The sauna was a nice touch and the deck was large and private. You have to walk upstairs each time to the suite and you sometimes could hear the phone from the lodge and the road noise was more evident. Nothing major except preferences, We would stay again in suite we just prefer the cottage.
The main lodge/lobby was always warm and welcoming with coffee, hot choc., tea, and a few snacks all day long long. This is not usual for hotels or inns so that was a nice convenient touch. The breakfast was very good for continental - they had sausage biscuits, cinnamon rolls, apples, egg/bagel bites, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, and a few more I am forgetting. I like information - if your reading this think of that when you write a review. It takes time but can be valuable to picking the right spot.

Room Tip: Lavender Cottage was quite - off main road
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I took my brother and his wife to the inn as their Christmas gift. My brother has cancer and is between treatments so it seemed a perfect gift. We have stayed with you many times in the past and are never disappointed! It is my favorite place to stay in Blowing Rock and always my first choice. We have stayed in both the regular rooms and the suites and are always pleased. The room is always comfortable, clean and well maintained. The suites of course are my favorite and they are fantastic!

Room Tip: Didn't use a fitness center and kids activities haven't been an issue. Although I did take...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family