“Selling view.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Canyons
Ranked #19 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Selling view.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

This place survives on its rare mountain view. Atmosphere, service and food would never make it without this location. As the only resturant nearby witha great view, they take full advantage of it. Just a fun place to get a beer.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank hikerws

Buffalo, New York
“Great View and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was our first visit to the area for a family vacation and the only restaurant we visited. We came to the restaurant on Sat, after Thanksgiving around 3pm and it was crowded with a 30min wait, We usually do not wait, however, we felt it must be good for all these people to be eating there. We took in the beautiful mountain views from the parking lot while we waited.
We had a party of 9 and the service was wonderful! The staff was more than helpful and attentive. The food was good for a lunch type menu-moderate portions.The pricing was good for the food items.The restaurant offers music at certain times.

• Visited November 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beautiful Mountain View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

It would be easy for this place to rest on their Laurels because of the beautiful view, but they don't. This was my first time there and I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and every one of the staff was friendly and helpful. I had a burger and my husband had a Reuben. They have a big selection on the menu, plus daily specials.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Food, Good Service and Outstanding Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I visited Canyons, not once but twice, on our recent mountain vacation. He ordered fish and chips. We are from an area near the NC coast and I suspected he had made a mistake. I was wrong! He had two large pieces of flounder fried in a beer batter to perfection. The beer batter crust was thin and crispy while the fish was moist. Delicious! I ordered the black beans and yellow rice with chicken. Very flavorable. Our server was Matt and he was very good.
We returned on a Saturday night and ordered the same as before. I was going to try something else but our server recommended the black beans and rice with smoked sausage. Again, delicious. My husband's fish was just as good on the second visit as on our first.
The black beans and yellow rice was so good I contacted Canyons and received a prompt response with the recipe.
I have read some of the unfavorable reviews and am surprised. We will definitely visit on our next trip and would recommend you give it a try! Remember, this is not fine cuisine, just good eating with reasonable prices!

Thank Jennifer and Ke... W
North Carolina
“Big Mistake”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

How I wish I had read the TERRIBLE Reviews on T.A. instead of listening to a friend who recommended this dump. GO ELSEWHERE! We ate and froze here Thursday, 10-24-13. We were seated at the large window area and immediately felt cold air. We kept our coats on throughout the entire terrible meal. Our table had wobbly legs; we placed a tube of my lipstick on it and the lipstick immediately started rolling 'downhill'! Our waitress was really sweet and attentive, but our food horrible. My husband ordered the Maui Chicken sandwich with their home fries. The fries were hard and bland (could only eat a very few because he was afraid of breaking a crown!). The grilled chicken was no better than Arby's and the BBQ sauce on the side was so watered down! I ordered a plain quesadilla with beans and rice and pico de gallo. Worse cheese quesadilla I have EVER eaten. The pinto beans (not refried) were not even lukewarm. My husband did order a cup of their clam chowder and he said it was actually surprisingly good. We shared a piece of Darby pie. Do yourself a favor and buy a Toll House cookie freshly baked and put a tiny bit of Cool Whip on it. MUCH CHEAPER and tastier. The décor???? DRAB, OUTDATED and DIRTY LOOKING. Just nasty. On the way out I felt warmth and remarked to my husband, "This is where we should have eaten! We would not have frozen!" The manager heard me and said, "Oh, no! I will have to take care of that!" (Yeah, right). All he had to do was look at ALL THE PATRONS SITTING BESIDE THE WINDOWS WITH THEIR COATS STILL ON and sort of hunched over for warmth!) Stop in the parking lot for photos and eat elsewhere. REALLY.