“Nice family meal”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Concord, NC
“Nice family meal”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had an early dinner with our two small kids. The food was good, the soup, clam chowder and carrot curry were both amazing! The view was amazing as well. Friendly service and it was a nice place to eat with the kids, at least it was 5 to 7ish. We have been before and will continue to return.

• Visited June 2014

Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Fantastic trout & veggies”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The trout sandwich, which is usually on special, is fantastic! Instead of fries or chips, I always get the veggie medley, which is also fantastic. If the trout wasn't so good, I would just get a double order of the veggies!

Visited June 2014
High Point
“Early dinner after a hike, not impressed”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went for a hike at Julian Price Park off the Blue Ridge Parkway on Memorial Day weekend and stopped here for a early dinner. We picked the Canyons because of the good reviews and the views. We were disappointed. The views were good but restaurant was more perpendicular to the scenery and the best seating was on the deck or next to the the windows. We asked for a table on the deck. The deck was small, smaller than the one on my house. The view was nice the deck was cramped and there was no umbrella to shield against the bright sun. It was rather uncomfortable and failed at the experience I was hoping for. The food was mediocre at best. I had the Rueben, my wife ordered the chimichanga, son a hamburger, and daughter the chicken strips with Thai sauce. The Rueben was edible but boring and my wife said the same about the chimichanga. My son did not complain about the hamburger. The chicken strips with Thai sauce was the best. The regular french fries were better than the homemade chips. We also ordered the spinach artichoke dip for an appetizer that was good. The beer selection was ok. The restaurant building was run-down and dirty looking on the inside. The carpet was worn and stained and the deck was pretty bad looking. The place was old and outdated and kind of smelled dank inside, I'm not sure what people love about this place from other reviews because it was just plain or average at best. There service was great but the wait staff looked like they could use some new clothes with stains on their shirts.

1 Thank RKNC
Norfolk, Virginia
“Not Likely To Return”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The food wasn't bad, but for the price, it wasn't great! The bathroom wasn't clean and the restaurant even with the view just was not impressive enough to eat there again.

• Visited May 2014
“Delicious Food and Outstanding Views!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

On our recent mountain trip we visited Canyons and we were not disappointed! I had the Veggie Burrito which was delicious and my husband had the Canyons Burger which he said was delicious also. Of course we had to visit again and again, we were very pleased. We both chose specials that day, a grilled trout sandwich and a fried green tomato sandwich with bacon, lettuce and pimento cheese. Again delicious!! The reviews report the old carpet which I agree needs to be replaced. The reviews also report dirty bathrooms which I disagree with but they could certainly use an updating. The service is always good and they continually aim to please. This is not fine dining, just good food. I recommend you give it a try!

Thank Jennifer and Ke... W