The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Village Inn
Meadowbrook Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$113
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$113
Cliff Dwellers Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$145
Blowing Rock Inn and Villas(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$112
Boxwood Lodge(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$100
The Green Park Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$129
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
US$202
Travelocity
Westglow Resort & Spa(Blowing Rock)
US$427
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall streamtwigs restaurantwine and cheesebagelsgreat deckcrackersabc storecontinental breakfasthot tubbeautiful woodafternoon snackthe cottageshardwood floorsstaff was friendly and accommodatingroad noiseclose to blue ridge parkwayking bed
Reviewed 27 August 2013

First of all the room was clean, good size for us and great for a motel. For a low cost, good walking distance of Town activities it was better than some. However on the web it was classed as a B&B with hot breakfast. And from pictures gave the impression it was a B&B. It was not. It had a ?hot? breakfast which was microwave mini sausage biscuits, packaged hard broiled eggs and Sausage waffle corn dogs. Included cold & hot cereal, toast and bagels. If you are looking for a motel this is ok. If we are in Town again we will go B&B.

Room Tip: All the same. Walls are thin. If you have a snorer next to you, you will hear them.
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'm surprised by all the high ratings of this place, and not sure where to start on my review. They call it an Inn and advertise as a B&B but this place is really a motel in form and function, with just a nicer facade. But at least most motel rooms have space to turn around in... the rooms at Village Inn are SMALL. There is a small aisle at the foot of the bed to get past it, but they hung the TV on the wall above that space so I had to duck past it every time I walked past the bed. The AC unit is also hung high on the wall and blows directly on the bed, so there's no way to get a comfortable temperature. They are a pet friendly hotel, which I'm sure is great for people with pets, but we had to deal with barking next door in the evening and again starting very early in the morning - so much for getting to sleep in on our weekend away! Most ridiculous, though, is the wine and cheese reception. We stopped in to check it out and found boxed wine and individually wrapped cheese sticks from the grocery store. My wife and I stared at it, dumfounded, for a few seconds, then laughed and left. The good news is that it's in easy walking distance to downtown Blowing Rock so we grabbed a drink before dinner.

In short, consider Village Inn the place to stay only if you're booking late in high season and it's the only place with vacancies.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The overall look of the Inn is very good, the interior decor is good, the only negative point of this Inn is the square footage if the room, it is probably 12x16, with one king size bed, and two over sized arm chair, there is absolutely no counter, or table space to put anything.

Same with bath room, nice looking, but no counter space, just inconvenient.

Compare to Marriott type rooms, they are spacious, Other than the "economical" footage of the room, and almost zero usable counter space, the place look nice.

Oh, I did not like the scent of the room, probably some sort of cheap air refreshener, it made me have head ache.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I chose this hotel for our stay largely because of its location, rocking chairs on the deck by the stream and good reviews. The location was definitely good, walking distance to many restaurants in Blowing Rock. Unfortunately, the road construction out front has made the surroundings less tranquil. No construction was taking place when we were there on the weekend, but the area was a big mess. Hopefully will be compleed soon.

The back deck with rocking chairs was very nice...it was great to hear the bubbling stream nearby. And the continental breakfast was quite good to me. I loved the boiled eggs, and also enjoyed the yogurt and bagels. They also had microwavealbe saugage biscuits avalable, but I didn't try those. Also enjoyed the 5-6pm evening snack of box wine, cheese and crackers. It was fun to take the snack out on the back deck of the main building where it was served, and listen to the stream. It was not fine food, but it was fun.

They have done some nice updates in our room, including a grantite shower surround, nice sink and fixtures. The trouble, though, is that it's still VERY small. We had to put our coffee pot on the floor to use it, since that was the only place with an extra plug-in. And I had to put my suitcase on the ironing board in the closet because there was nowhere else to put it. The bed was comfy but sagged to the middle, and the AC was LOUD. So $200/night seemed a bit much to me. But it is Blowing Rock.

All in all, might look around a bit more next time, but also might come back, depending on the situation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is a nicely located and renovated hotel in a good location. The staff were helpful and friendly. We had an enjoyable dinner next door at Twigs on the evening of our arrival. It was nice to not have to walk far as we were tired when arrived. The town is very lovely and we went there for a nice lunch at Village Café and then dinner that evening at Best Cellar which we found to be excellent. The breakfast at the hotel was not to our liking nor was the wine in the afternoons (we prefer fine dining when traveling) but it was enjoyable to sit in the common room and talk to other guests and staff.

Room Tip: We were assigned a pet friendly room. My husband thought the room smelled of cleaning supplies. I did not notice a smell but if you do not want to be in a pet friendly room - you should let them know ahead of time. The staff are very accommodating.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple