“I have found my home away from home”

The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Village Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Reviewed 25 July 2009

This is a great place to get away my partner and I have found a home away from home and the best thing about this place is "all" the staff in all departments is very helpful and knowledgeable, the houskeeping is amazing I have to say this is my 3rd stay and all times have not found anything at all that diappointed me. The only property I haven't stayed at is The Hillwinds Inns and I will be back to try it very soon the complimentary breakfast is great and the afternoon snack reception even tho there is no longer wine .They still serve the cheese & crackers and now the best cookies you have ever eaten. So you cannot go wrong staying at the Village Inns

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Manager1978, Manager at The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2009

Thank you for your continued patronage at our hotels! We would love to have you as our guest at the Hillwinds Inn as soon as you can make it back to Blowing Rock. We truly appreciate all of our guests but hold a special place for our return guests! We strive for excellence in every department each day and are glad to see that it is making a difference! Thank you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2009

After viewing the website, we stayed at The Village Inn in July 2009. We had a mini king suite. The bedroom was so tiny and the additional "sitting room", with two chairs and a table, was so small it was impossible to sit comfortably as the rockers bumped against the wall. The entire suite was so dark it was depressing. The lighting was certainly inadequate, making it impossible to read a book. The bathroom was very small with no place to put any toiletry items except a small shelf over the sink and the back of the commode. The shower was great! There was no place in the bathroom to hang bath towels, wet or dry, after finding them in the closet in the "sitting room". After using one, we had to put it on the chair on the deck for a lack of a place to hang it. We found the deck to be anything but inviting. The landscaping in front was very pretty and well manicured, and we enjoyed the little pond and the benches and chairs. We found the front desk folks to be anything but accommodating. The continental breakfast was so-so. I doubt that we would every stay there again. The room rate was certainly excessive for the type of room we occupied.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2009

The first thing that got me exicted about this hotel was the huge pond that greeted us. Filled with giant fish and ducks playing in the water, the pond also had a few benches to sit at, plus a bridgeway to a lil island with a bench on it too. The receptionist was very polite and friendly, when I asked him what restaurant he'd recommend, he named a couple, showed us where they were on the map, and invited us to look through their restaurant menu list book.
We stayed in a room with a hottub. The only problem we had was that my husband had thought that we'd be getting a room with an indoor tub, but he'd actually gotten one with an outdoor spa/hottub. The room decor was mostly modern victorian look with a nice size flat screen tv. The spa worked well, and little panel fencing on the outdoor porch areas provided a bit of privacy on the back porch. All in all, I thought it was a great place to stay, they had great customer service, we didn't have any problems there, and I'd definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2009

The best customer service I received was from the reservation girl. After that, it was all downhill. When we checked in, the guy at the desk was completely unprofessional--wearing a tee shirt, and not overly friendly, although not completely unpleasant--just not what you expect from someone whose job is to greet people staying at a hotel. The room was very nice although small, no complaints there. At around 9 pm, I called the front desk as I have forgotten my shower cap and didn’t find one in the room. The guy that answered kept me on the phone for 5 mins looking for one, and couldn’t find one. I asked if he had a rubber band, and he did so my husband went down to get it from him. Kind of ridiculous for a hotel not to have a shower cap, when the info book in the room said to call if you need toiletries, etc. We inquired about checking out late, and the guy said probably not, but we would have to wait until the morning and ask as Sunday is a “busy day for the cleaning crew.” And “they may let you for an extra charge.” Not very accommodating. The fitted sheet popped off the bed, as it was too small for the mattress, which made sleeping difficult as we were constantly getting up to try our best to fix it. We are normal size people, who do not toss and turn that much--the sheet was just barely big enough to be secured at the top of the corners, not the full depth of the mattress causing it to slip off all 4 corners constantly. There was some noise coming from the wall all night, like a crackling or tapping noise. We were in the end room, so maybe it was tree branches tapping the wall? Whatever it was, it was very annoying! We skipped the continental b-fast, as it did not look all that appetizing. The check out girl was sick and looked like she hadn't slept well, but she was friendly and wore a hotel polo long sleeve shirt. If there is another pet friendly hotel available in Boone or Blowing Rock, we will try that one next, and not choose the Village Inn at Blowing Rock again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Village Inn for two nights in April. The rooms were nice, yet somewhat small, but for two people, there is plenty of room. We stayed in the Traditional King Room, which was very nice and cozy. The rooms are very nice with hardwood floors and tile bathrooms, a nice comfy bed, a nice private deck, and a nice little walking path through the back of the hotel. It is right from downtown Blowing Rock and the Tanger Outlets and about 7 miles from Boone. We will definitely be going back there again.

Everything checked out there to be good and suitable, as I always check everything before we stay anywhere (ie. sheets, bathroom, floors, etc.)

The only draw back I would say, would have to be the pictures, yes it does look like the pictures, but the pictures makes the rooms look bigger than what they actually are.

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amgar05
Reviewed 24 January 2009

My then bf (now husband) and I stayed at the Village Inn back in March 2008 for a late season skiing weekend. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The room had a certain charm about it, and even though we live only 3 hours away, it felt like a real getaway. We rented a room that had its own hot tub, and I would definitely recommend this for couples! I'm planning for us to go back there again this valentines day weekend!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 November 2008

My husband and I stopped at the Village Inn on November 3, and were shocked when we turned down the bed and the sheets were dirty. Mascara smears were on the pillow, and hairs--lots of them on the sheets. It was very obvious the bed had not been changed. We called the office but it closed at 10 PM. We called both emergency phone numbers and left messages. The calls went straight to voice mail. After more than an hour with no response, we packed our bags and checked into another hotel at midnight. The next morning when we returned the key we were told this was not a "common problem". This should not be a "problem". Management should make sure the linens are clean.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank wyndchimes
Manager1978, Manager at The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2008

In response to the feedback left by this guest I would like to say that here at the Village Inn our goal is to provide exceptional service and accommodations to each guest during every stay with us. Our housekeepers strive for the highest level of cleanliness on a daily basis and certainly do change bed linens after every check-out or upon stay over guest request. Unfortunately, I can address the issue of the emergency numbers being unreachable. Due to a recent management team transition on the specific day of this guests stay, the emergency numbers were unavailable. For this occurrence I can only offer reassurance to all future guests that this has been completely resolved. All of us here at the Village Inn regret this guest experienced these issues and did not enjoy their stay with us.