“Fabulous!”
Review of Bistro Roca

Bistro Roca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Roca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Decided to visit this restaurant on the basis of earlier reviews and really glad we did as it was fantastic.
Even though it was a Monday we decided to pre-book a table. Just as well as the restaurant was extremely busy. We were staying in town so decided to walk. Nearly didn't find the restaurant as it did not have any obvious signage. However, a kindly local pointed it out to us. On arrival we were seated straight away.
For starters we had mezza with marinated olives and marinated peppers. A delicious start to the meal.
For mains I had pan seared tuna. This is one of the best dishes I had during my 2 week trip to the USA. Cooked to perfection. My wife had the fish special with grits and sweetcorn which I can't remember the name of other than it came from Hawaii. This was equally excellent.
For sweet we shared a delicious chocolate cake. A nice sized portion for two.
Wine list - not extensive but some good wines at a reasonable price. Try the Allan Scott (previously of Cloudy Bay fame!) sauvignon. From memory it was only $22 a bottle or $6 per glass. This is great value for a quality wine.
Final mention must go to Nick our server. Truly 1st class.
Only sad point of the evening is that when we tried to book for the following night we were advised that they didn't open on a Tuesday. Sad.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Tonight my husband and I went to Bistro Roca as a friend had recommended it to us and it had also excellent ratings on TripAdvisor. I absolutely agree to those ratings. The food was delicious (My husband had the trout and I had the crab & lobster cakes). The only downside: Out plates were cold when the arrived with the result that also the food became cold very quickly. However the waiter was very kind and sent my plate back to the kitchen and I received a newly made plate hot within minutes. I highly recommend Bistro Roca.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We heard about this restaurant at our hotel. We had no reservation, but tried anyway. It was on a Wednesday night, so we were able to get in. My pork rib-eye was delicious with the beet salad with nuts and goat cheese. The pork was so tender and delicious. Of course, the grits on the bottom made it special. Our service was a little slow, but we were in no hurry, so it was just fine.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A friend recommended this restaurant when we went up to his house near Linville, NC a couple of weeks ago. It is in Blowing Rock and was over half an hour away by winding roads but it was so worth it! Great service and comfortable but the food blew us away. My husband and I fought over who would order the mountain trout versus the salmon but both were amazing. And we had to order a side order of the delicious fried green tomatoes.
The appetizer of roasted figs was so tasty that we were scraping our plates- they could also work for desert.
Great wine menu.
The only draw back was that even making a reservation a week early in October we could only get a 5:30 seating. Was not really a problem as we were hungry from a day's hiking. Our table was ready and we were not rushed through our dinner at all. Really a must if you're staying in the area!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Food and service were just average. Had to wait even though we had a reservation. Not a problem, we were in no hurry. Eggplant appetizer was good but then it took forever to get our entrees. My wife's steak was only warm and very fatty. Clearly it had been sitting somewhere. Not the best!!