“Hard to find with GPS- good food!”
Review of Bistro Roca

Bistro Roca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Roca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Hard to find with GPS- good food!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Be careful if you use your GPS to find this restaurant- there is a "Wonderland Lane" and "Wonderland Drive"- the GPS took us to "drive" which is on the other side of the downtown in Blowing Rock. Check their website for better directions to the restaurant or call them to get the correct location.
Once we found the restaurant, we thoroughly enjoyed the food- we had split the veggie pizza (they use a fire brick oven); calamari appetizer; and had the PBLT sandwich- which was our favorite. Prices are reasonable. I would recommend checking this place out if you are in the area!

Visited August 2014

Mount Airy, Maryland
“An Off Pizza Night”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Husband and I actually made reservations at this restaurant for 2 nights during our 3-night stay in Blowing Rock because we had dined here before and had delicious personal-sized pizza. Once again, we ordered the pizza, salad & had beer. The salads and the beer were good, but sadly, the pizza crust was not seasoned well and doughy. Service was attentive, but we cancelled our second reservation and went elsewhere.

Not sure if we will be back. Parking is awful on a Friday night. It took us 10 minutes to decide to park off-site.

1 Thank SAVisitor
Charlotte, NC
“Our worst dining experience in Blowing Rock”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Seriously. Wife, son and I went for an early lunch on a Thursday. I believe we arrived about 11:45, right behind two senior citizen ladies, who we allowed through the front door ahead of us. The greeter asked them if they had a reservation, they said "No" but there were dozens of empty tables, and they were immediately seated at a prime spot on the patio with a lovely view. He then turned to us and asked if we had a reservation. We said "No", and the greeter replied that - due to the many reservations - there was nothing available at this time. That we would have to wait to be seated in the dining room, but that we could be served immediately in the bar. Seriously, he said this with a straight face with no less than 25 empty tables in clear view, and no one else waiting. Perhaps it was because we had a child with us, perhaps it was because we were wearing (neat and clean) bermuda shorts, I'm not sure why he wouldn't seat us, but I was offended. I politely, but firmly gave him a piece of my mind. He still insisted that we would have to wait, and so we did. We waited right there at the door, because I wanted to see (and hear) what would happen with the next group who entered without a reservation. Within 5 minutes, he was able to "find" us a table - probably the worst booth in the dining room - but at least we were seated, and I was determined to put it all behind me, and enjoy our lunch at one of the "best" restaurants in Blowing Rock.
First we had to try the fig and prosciutto appetizer that so many here are raving about. If a plate of syrupy sweet figs sounds good to you, then you should enjoy it. If you're not really a "fig person" (like me) then avoid it. My son ordered a pizza from the kids menu. It was surprisingly large for a child (no complaints about that), and he enjoyed it.
My wife ordered one of the specials - a flat iron steak served over a bed of melon. The meat portion size was rather small (4 oz maybe?), a bit tough, and flavorless. I was looking forward to trying a pepperoni flat bread. It was delayed a bit - the server said the first one came out of the oven burnt, so he had them re-do it. He proudly served the second attempt. I was surprised ... it was smaller than my son's pizza. But that's OK. I don't mind eating light, if it's good. But it wasn't. First - just the presentation - it did not look good at all: a couple melted slices of goo on a plate. The bread was tough and mealy - not crisp at all. And the pepperoni tasted horrible. Seriously, I've had much better frozen pizza.

2 Thank Ken28278
“Great, fresh produce, wonderful pizzas upscale but casual atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We eat here once or twice a month. The food is consistently good. Specialty pizzas are our current favorite. We much prefer eating in the bar area as the service from the bar is faster and seems more consistent courteous

“Out of this world!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This restaurant is excellent it has my favorite pizza and other great dishes. Every time we go to blowing rock we go to this restaurant. If your heading for Blowing Rock Bistro Roca is the place to eat!

• Visited May 2014