“Cute & great location!”
Review of Homestead Inn

Homestead Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

Cute, quiet, clean, comfortable, & a great location! Well priced. The room we stayed in is a little small, and it was hit & miss with the wifi, but there's a nice tv, fridge, comfortable bed, nice garden, and a fabulous location. In walking distance to everything we wanted to do in blowing rock. We'll definitely stay here again! But maybe splurge for the bigger room.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Rob and Caroline did their best to make my stay for two nights comfortable. Even each morning did Rob put a towel on the seat of my motorcycle so I could wipe the dew off it before riding. The grounds are very clean and well flowered. The bed was large and just right. Any needs or questions I had were dealt with post haste. I would stay there anytime I could with pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ron K
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is a Beautiful and quaint Inn located a block from the Historic area. The rooms have fireplaces and large flat screen TV's and all rooms appear to be updated. But....One of the most attractive amenities to us was being able to take our Furry Babies regardless of the size!!! Caroline ( the owner) is excellent and as friendly as possible! I felt as if we were old friends and she speaks to you every time she sees you as well as respecting your privacy. The Flowers are gorgeous while enjoying the rocking chairs on the porch! we have stayed there twice and can't wait to make my next reservation! Caroline calls you personally and works out every detail for your specific needs as well as possible. . We were outside of our cancellation date when Caroline called me to confirm our reservation. I had forgotten to call and wanted to delete our last day for which I was more than willing to pay. She worked on this a couple of days and called me back to say we could leave early without paying for that night as she had rebooked the room. THAT WAS PURE HONESTY as she could have charged us as well as renting to another Guest! Caroline also made us a reservation at a Fine Restaurant upon our arrival as she appears to have a great Inside Connection. We never could get a reservation at this Restaurant due to the popularity on our last visit and I never thought to ask. Caroline asked us on this particular trip and called immediately and got a seating for eight. Thank you Caroline for such wonderful Service! We LOVE yor Inn and feel as if we have found our home in Blowing Rock. I highly recommend The Homestead Inn for ANYONE! Just can't say enough! Please go and you will not be disappointed! It is so pleasurable for me and my husband as well as safe for small children! Never even felt as if we needed to lock our doors. The cleaning staff was wonderful and extremely accommodating also! Loved everyone AND we met two other couples for whom I plan to stay in touch. Hope we can communicate and reserve rooms at the same time again. This was our second visit and you can be assured that we will ALWAYS stay at The Homestead Inn!!

Room Tip: The corner room is a Suite with an adjoining room. We stayed with 4grandchildren under the age of 5...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My family, 11 of us, age 25 to 83, stayed at the Inn for my daughters graduation. Each room has been upgraded and they all have a different character and are very comfortable. We loved sitting outside on the rockers enjoying the beautiful flowers and no one seemed to mind that we moved chairs around. It is a quick and easy walk to the town for a meal, libation, or ice cream. The Inn keepers, their children, and their dog are courteous and do everything to make your stay wonderful. My Mom and I even came home with some bulbs and flowers to plant in our gardens. I would recommend this Inn to everyone and I plan to go back as often as possible.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kanuga
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Yes, it is a fifties vintage property but very well maintained. Beautiful flowers on the property add to the stay. You can park your car by your room and leave it there as all the shopping and restaurants are a two minute walk away. Blowing Rock is like a little Bar Harbor, Maine (but without thousands of visiting cruise passengers). Absolutely charming.

The Homestead Inn is a comfortable and convenient way to visit Blowing Rock.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RickR
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My great experience at Homestead Inn started when I booked the reservation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. At the time, the only room they had available was one with just a king bed. I let them know that a friend was coming along, and we needed two beds, so they were going to leave a rollaway bed in the room. They called back a few weeks before my stay was scheduled, and let me know that some of their guests had either cancelled or changed their reservation and they now had a room with 2 beds open if I would like to take it, which I did. When I got there, the staff was again very nice and knew everything that I had discussed over the phone with them. The room was very nice with a fireplace, jacuzzi tub, and flat screen tv. The maid service was very good as well. Overall, it was an excellent experience, and I will always consider them on any trips to Blowing Rock in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We've stayed here several times and always enjoyed ourselves. This place has the feel of a 1950s motor court, but is nicely up-to-date. We stayed in a room with a gas fireplace and a flat screen TV mounted over it. Each room has a small seating area in front and it's a pleasant place for afternoon drinks. We parked the car and didn't move it again until we left. The people who run the Homestead Inn are nice and they have a lovely dog who will chase frisbees for you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple