“exceeded my expectations!!”

Homestead Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
“exceeded my expectations!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

our stay here has been wonderful! it is right around the corner from shops, restaurants, parks, and hiking trails, but is also quiet and peaceful. one thing I want to mention is that the pictures do not do the rooms justice, they are even better in person! the staff is very welcoming and friendly, the maids are courteous and keep the rooms In immaculate condition, and some rooms allow pets! all of this and for nearly the same price I was going to pay at a day's inn!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Very convenient location to downtown Blowing Rock. Rates were a bit higher than was on the web site. We did not call first. A small room, but very clean. Two rockers out front to sit on. Coffee in the AM and muffins that were embarassingly small. No muffins would have been better. Parking is tight. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace.
Carolineissweet, Owner at Homestead Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Wow, we are quite insulted! We don't even serve or advertise continental breakfast, and we just hired a young hard working girl from Bulgaria to help us out with front desk work, and she was so happy to bake homemade from scratch strawberry mini muffins for all of our guests on a whim! The muffins were complimentary! Just can't please everyone.
Also, it states on our web site, and all motels in blowing rock,that when there is a special event, rates are subject to change, and we do not offer our web site rates. It is clearly stated on our site, "rates are subject to change for special events". So just to let all potential customers know, we don't always offer the web site rates when there is a special event, and we always explain this when booking. Please read more of our trip advisors, we try very hard to please all of our customers but you just can't please them all!
Waregem, Belgium
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at the quaint Homestead Inn in Blowing Rock, North Carolina in March of 2013. Blowing Rock is a small, cozy mountain town in the Appalachians, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. The motel, which is just off main street in this highly walkable town, is run by an extremely friendly couple that resides on the premises.

Our queen bedroom, for which we paid a fair $50, breathed coziness all throughout. There's a rocking chair, a flat screen tv with dvd player (I believe they even have movies in the lobby that you can borrow), the inescapable motel coffee percolator (but there's also fresh coffee in the lobby), a small fridge and even a small ice bucket for champagne bottles. The bathroom has a bath/shower and has separate heating. The room wasn't terribly big, but don't let that deter you. It's very clean, comfortable and extremely well-maintained. There's free wi-fi if you need/like that. There are chairs and tables outside to enjoy yourself on a hot, sunny day.

To conclude, if you're looking for a more-than-decent, fairly-priced, cozy mountain retreat right in the center of town, yet quiet, then the Homestead Inn is a sure bet.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We were in a recently renovated room with gas fireplace. You can meet neighbors sitting on the rocking chairs outside your room or just enjoy the cool air sitting in your room. Nearby is a quick breakfast. Also the heart of Blowing Rock shopping is a short walk. But you feel you are isolated from that when at Homested.

Elkin, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 May 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! This was my first visit but certainly won't be my last! It's the ONLY place I'll stay in Blowing Rock, NC from now on! Caroline and Robert are wonderful people! Met some new friends as well.

Vale, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This past weekend, I led a small group of Lady Motorcyclists to Blowing Rock and stayed at this little gem. I found my room quite comfortable with the nicest lush towels! The owners were very personable and helpful, making sure we had rags to dry our bikes and placing cones in our parking spots to assure our bikes would be right outside our doors. The owners were helpful with reservations and then multiple weather related changes. Just a block off Main St was most convenient, we were within walking distance of everything. I would highly recommend this wonderful little motel to visitors to Blowing Rock .... it is like an upgraded piece of Americana. Can't wait to visit again .... although not travelling with my dogs this visit, it is nice to know they are also pet friendly. It was nice to have a reasonably priced option in an expensive resort town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Clayton
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I would like to say Thank You to Caroline & Robert for a most memorable weekend at your lovely hotel. My stay was enjoyable and you were very accommodating to all 7 of us who decided to brave the elements this past weekend. I cannot wait to bring my husband here and spend another getaway. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I love that we could walk to the various shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend staying here. It's quiet and well maintained. I felt very safe here. Thank you once again. Carol

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends