“Great place!!!”
Review of Homestead Inn

Homestead Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Have stayed at several places in Blowing Rock over the years but always go back to the Homestead Inn. Absolutely the best stay in Blowing Rock! All rooms have been completely remodeled and they are so cozy and beautiful. They are also pet friendly upon request which is also a plus. Great location. Each room has a different theme so if you are after something specific call and ask about each room. Guests here return again and again. Great front porch area with rocking chairs and flowers to relax. Around the holidays they have Christmas lights.The owners and staff are great and always accommodating. Great for small families and also a cozy, romantic couples place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if you are looking for extras they have one that has a fireplace/living room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I hadn't been to Blowing Rock in 12 years and decided it was about time I go again. I had always loved it there and my mother and I had been there 9 times before she had a stroke. I was a little nervous about going for 4 nights on my own but ended up having an amazing time! I did a lot of research before making a reservation (since I was trying to do this trip on a budget) and found that The Homestead Inn had everything that I wanted. I ended up eating breakfast and lunch in the room since it had both a refrigerator and microwave and went out to dinner each night. The owners were friendly and helpful in every way and the staff were great also. Even though this isn't a fancy place to stay, it had everything I needed and the location to Main Street was perfect. I would definitely stay there again and try to make reservations earlier so I'd have more choices.

Room Tip: Check out the listings of different types of rooms in order to get the one you want. Make reservatio...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Girls week end away ! Great location clean accommodations -any request addressed! Gardens are a plus . Going back in Sept! Like going back to see friends and family.
We walked all over town no parking issues of concern.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed at a lovely place in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. This place has so much character it really is unique in its setting and decor. The gardens are beautiful and welcome you into the area. Our room was decorated in a country style that really made you feel that hometown charm. The room is compact but spacious enough and very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We chose one of the rooms with basic features for our stay but understand they offer jacuzzi and fireplace features! We feel this place is a special one that we will definitely visit again! It is such a nice and quiet spot! Located in a perfect downtown position that made all of the area shops within easy walking distance. It has the charm of a distinctive place you cannot find in the big chain hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend in July 2013 at the Homestead Inn. We loved it so much, we are taking our two sons and their families and my father next trip. The newly renovated rooms were very clean, cozy and certainly met our expectations. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location is great -- only a couple minutes walk to Main Street, yet it is very quiet and peaceful. Their prices are very competitive and, in my opinion, the best deal in town! I would definitely recommend staying here.

Larry H.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I traveled to Blowing Rock July fourth weekend, we were immediately greeted by the owner, who had his son help us get our luggage to our room. We were treated like we were family, and were helped with all of our needs. The Homestead Inn is very close to town and you can walk to many restaurants and shops. My room was serviced everyday, and the owner would do call ahead seating for us at any restaurant we wanted. The price of our room was very well priced and the inn keeper gave a discount the more days that we stayed. It is a very quiet establishment with almost interruptions. We plan on going next year, and look forward to the amazing service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Good location for exploring downtown Blowing Rock , room was small but had all the necessites.
Hardwood floor a nice touch, mattresses tend to slide off the base, ceiling mounted ceiling fan too low bumped my head, ants were everywhere. Is basically a revovated motel where you drive up to your door. Parking was tight but adequate. Service was partime at best had to ring a bell to get attendant no one there to check you out on Sunday drop your keys in a basket and hope for the best. Basketball goal in parking lot try resting with someone bouncing the ball ? Weak effort at hospitality. All that for 150$ plus tax won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple