“Gorgeous place!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Ely, Minnesota
“Gorgeous place!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is an absolutely gorgeous inn. When we walked into our room my husband said, "Wow! This is like a luxury cabin in the mountains!" The decor is like an upscale mountain cabin. The furnishings are top of the line and beautiful. The bedding is super cozy and lush with big thick towels. Caroline was wonderfully accommodating when we had to change our reservation at the last minute. She is soooo friendly and helpful!

And where can you get a fireplace and jacuzzi in your room for under $100? The location is perfect. It is right in the middle of downtown so you can walk to the restaurants and stores, but you are about 1/2 block down a side street so it is perfectly quiet. It is about a mile to the Tanger Outlet mall.

We stayed here on our way to bringing our son to Wake Forest. It was the perfect place to relax, enjoy the amazing restaurants, and do some of his clothes shopping before heading to Wintson-Salem. Absolutely loved it!

Room Tip: Any room. We stayed in room 3. Lovely!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The room was on the small side, but it was cozy, clean, and well furnished with a front porch. Clean bathroom with stone tiled shower and floor installed by the owner. Fantastic landscaping with many flowers and homey touches. The friendly owners live on site and their pride and hard work shows in their motel. Close to Main Street and many restaurants and shops. This was our second stay and we will never look for another motel when we're in Blowing Rock. We'll certainly be back and we would highly recommend it. Great for those looking for a quiet get-away. We're already planning our next stay in Blowing Rock around this motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed at The Homestead Inn this past Wednesday night (8/14/13), along with three of my friends, during a 6 day bicycle trip which covered Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway. We all loved staying at The Homestead Inn- by far, the best stop during our entire trip. Caroline and Rob, the owners, were able to accommodate our room request on short notice, the rooms were comfortable, quiet, and clean, and the gardens on the property made me feel like I was staying in a botanical garden. On top of that, the location cannot be beat. It's quite obvious that Caroline and Rob have high standards and that they both take (well deserved) pride in everything they do. I would most definitely recommend The Homestead Inn to anybody looking for overnight accommodations in Blowing Rock, and will surely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed a wonderful weekend at The Homestead Inn, and I have to give it all Cs. The owners, Rob and Caroline were extremely Cordial, the accommodations were very Clean, the bed was large and Comfortable, the location was super Convenient, and the fireplace in the room made it Cozy. And all of this tucked away among beautiful flowers and a little waterfall that we enjoyed while sitting outside our room in a rocking chair while reading a good book.

If all of this sounds too good to be true, give Rob and Caroline a call and go see for yourself. The Homestead Inn is a wonderful break from the cookie cutter chain hotels. This is like staying with friends in their guest quarters, and they have created a quiet retreat just for you in their quaint mountain village. We can't wait to go back, and plan many return visits to our newly discovered favorite place in beautiful Blowing Rock.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lebanon, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Have stayed at several places in Blowing Rock over the years but always go back to the Homestead Inn. Absolutely the best stay in Blowing Rock! All rooms have been completely remodeled and they are so cozy and beautiful. They are also pet friendly upon request which is also a plus. Great location. Each room has a different theme so if you are after something specific call and ask about each room. Guests here return again and again. Great front porch area with rocking chairs and flowers to relax. Around the holidays they have Christmas lights.The owners and staff are great and always accommodating. Great for small families and also a cozy, romantic couples place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if you are looking for extras they have one that has a fireplace/living room...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I hadn't been to Blowing Rock in 12 years and decided it was about time I go again. I had always loved it there and my mother and I had been there 9 times before she had a stroke. I was a little nervous about going for 4 nights on my own but ended up having an amazing time! I did a lot of research before making a reservation (since I was trying to do this trip on a budget) and found that The Homestead Inn had everything that I wanted. I ended up eating breakfast and lunch in the room since it had both a refrigerator and microwave and went out to dinner each night. The owners were friendly and helpful in every way and the staff were great also. Even though this isn't a fancy place to stay, it had everything I needed and the location to Main Street was perfect. I would definitely stay there again and try to make reservations earlier so I'd have more choices.

Room Tip: Check out the listings of different types of rooms in order to get the one you want. Make reservatio...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Girls week end away ! Great location clean accommodations -any request addressed! Gardens are a plus . Going back in Sept! Like going back to see friends and family.
We walked all over town no parking issues of concern.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends