“The dog loved it & we did too!”
Review of Homestead Inn

Homestead Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Homestead is a wonderful little place. Our rooms were very nice, very clean & had everything we needed. The beds & pillows were comfortable. It is a very convenient location within walking distance of shops & restaurants. We selected it because we needed dog-friendly accommodations but we would stay again if the dog wasn't with us. We would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights as we journeyed down the Blue Ridge Parkway - only a very short drive away. The Inn is located in a very quiet street just of the Main Street with the local shops and restaurants all within easy walking distance.
Checked in by one of the staff on arrival which was quick and efficient. She also answered questions on the local area for us. We stayed in room 5. Prior to arrival we were not sure what we were expecting but the room, although small, was fitted to a very high standard. The bed was very comfortable with good quality linen. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi bath and an overhead shower. The room also contained a beautiful gas fire - operated by a switch on the wall at eye level to the right hand side. Made for such cosy evenings. A microwave, fridge and coffee machine were also in the room. Free Wi-Fi was also available - note: the password is on the wall next to the door. However, it only shows 4 characters but you need to key-in 8. Just key the password twice in the password box and it will work!
All in all a great surprise - very comfortable, quiet, spotless, great location, nice staff.
Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wilton2
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had our first experience vacationing in blowing rock this past weekend. The homestead inn was a part of making it one of the best trips ever. We had fairly low expectations since we had never been and didn't really know a lot about the area...we were blown away! The inn was so cozy and perfect. We loved the rockers & the fire place. The wood paneling made you feel like you were in a cabin. And the innkeeper was over the top welcoming from the reservation to arrival. She even made us reservations for dinner at a place that was already booked! We have decided to make this an annual tradition and homestead inn will be a part of that.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I got REALLY lost trying to find the hotel- it was midnight and very foggy and I had a sick child with me. I called the Innkeeper and she guided me to the Inn and even stayed on the phone with me until I arrived. I was so appreciative to her for this kind gesture. She was very helpful to me during my entire trip. The room (# 1) was very cozy and was in a nice part of town. There are lots of shops within walking distance of the Inn. I must say that the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, while I was away from home. I usually stay at chain hotels, but I am SO glad that I stayed at this Inn. I will be staying here again and will recommend this to friends who are traveling to this area.

Room Tip: Room #1 was cozy, I didn't hear any outside noises/
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Monica B
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We spent this past weekend at our favorite location, and at our favorite Inn, Blowing Rock, NC, at The Homestead Inn. It was great, as it always is, but to our pleasant surprise, the rooms have been remodeled, literally from the ground up and they are wonderful, with a cozy fireplace, bubbly jacuzi tub, great decor and an oh so restfull kingsize bed, as requested!! When we were making our reservations Caroline went on about the wonderful surprise we would find on this trip, and she was right, it was wonderfull! We always try to stay at The Homestead Inn because of Caroline and Robert's hospitality, they make you feel at home, truly! They go out of their way to make sure you are comfy and cosy!! We love it!

When we were checking out today I spoke to her husband Robert about the attention to detail we noticed, he was proud we noticed. They have worked hard to make it just right. The pride in the Inn shows from the moment you check in, and if you take time and talk to Robert you will see what I mean in the pride he has for what he loves. He loves the Inn and works hard to keep it current, warm and friendly. It truly is a "Home away from Home" experience each time we stay there, and they have made it more so with the exciting changes! My wife Flori and I encourage, and highly recommend, to all to stay there. It's right off the main downtown thorough fare, litteraly 100 yards, which we find is an added bonus.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I decided to walk down a street in Blowing Rock that I had never walked down, what a great surprise, I walked up to the Homestead Inn, talked to a guest and housekeeping, check the rooms out, I am really glad I made the stop there, my wife and I and two friends stayed there Thursday night, fell in love with the Inn, we will definitely be back. The Inn keepers were very cordial, did everything to make sure we had a good stay, enjoyed talking with both, looking forward to returning, it will be our regular staying place in Boone. The rooms were very well decorated, made us feel right at home and to Robert & Caroline, HOOAH! and thanks for a great stay

Mike & Carolyn Stubbs

Room Tip: the rooms are very clean and the bathrooms are cramped
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The grounds are beautiful and immacuately kept. The rooms are very clean, housekeeping helpful. This is a dog friendly venue but you would never know in rooms or grounds. The innkeepers are great and bestow such a friendliness felt in other guests, etc. The dog owners were also very considerate and respectful here.
It is hard to sleep with windows open because parking lot is immediately out the door, but since it is small, not a lot of traffic. No instructions for fireplace, though I could've just asked!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends