“thumbs up!”
Review of Homestead Inn

Homestead Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Nice quaint place to stay! My husband and I went there for Thanksgiving 2013 and it was lovely. Very clean rooms, friendly customer service, and great location. The room was recently renovated and hot water for showers. The Inn is close to good restaurants and the holiday festivities. We also drove to Boone to visit which is close by. We will be staying at Homestead Inn again.

There are newer reviews for Homestead Inn

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Me and my husband love this place, we have been going there for about 8 years now. if you love family values you will love this place , the owners make you feel like part of the family. this place is right down town to where you can walk to everything , the rooms are cozy and clean . i am a neat freak and i have never had a complaint . thank you Caroline for the best 8 years and hope many more to come . See u in April

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2013

beautiful place, very, very clean. Rob and Caroline were the best innkeepers ever. Plan to return in the spring. The Homestead Inn was within walking distance to stores for shopping, taverns for eating, a park for a gathering of new found friends, and walking of our animals. Homestead Inn is a pet friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: a wonderful place for a quiet getaway. Were very accommodating for my fiancé, who has had 2 bouts w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Homestead is a wonderful little place. Our rooms were very nice, very clean & had everything we needed. The beds & pillows were comfortable. It is a very convenient location within walking distance of shops & restaurants. We selected it because we needed dog-friendly accommodations but we would stay again if the dog wasn't with us. We would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights as we journeyed down the Blue Ridge Parkway - only a very short drive away. The Inn is located in a very quiet street just of the Main Street with the local shops and restaurants all within easy walking distance.
Checked in by one of the staff on arrival which was quick and efficient. She also answered questions on the local area for us. We stayed in room 5. Prior to arrival we were not sure what we were expecting but the room, although small, was fitted to a very high standard. The bed was very comfortable with good quality linen. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi bath and an overhead shower. The room also contained a beautiful gas fire - operated by a switch on the wall at eye level to the right hand side. Made for such cosy evenings. A microwave, fridge and coffee machine were also in the room. Free Wi-Fi was also available - note: the password is on the wall next to the door. However, it only shows 4 characters but you need to key-in 8. Just key the password twice in the password box and it will work!
All in all a great surprise - very comfortable, quiet, spotless, great location, nice staff.
Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wilton2
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had our first experience vacationing in blowing rock this past weekend. The homestead inn was a part of making it one of the best trips ever. We had fairly low expectations since we had never been and didn't really know a lot about the area...we were blown away! The inn was so cozy and perfect. We loved the rockers & the fire place. The wood paneling made you feel like you were in a cabin. And the innkeeper was over the top welcoming from the reservation to arrival. She even made us reservations for dinner at a place that was already booked! We have decided to make this an annual tradition and homestead inn will be a part of that.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I got REALLY lost trying to find the hotel- it was midnight and very foggy and I had a sick child with me. I called the Innkeeper and she guided me to the Inn and even stayed on the phone with me until I arrived. I was so appreciative to her for this kind gesture. She was very helpful to me during my entire trip. The room (# 1) was very cozy and was in a nice part of town. There are lots of shops within walking distance of the Inn. I must say that the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, while I was away from home. I usually stay at chain hotels, but I am SO glad that I stayed at this Inn. I will be staying here again and will recommend this to friends who are traveling to this area.

Room Tip: Room #1 was cozy, I didn't hear any outside noises/
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family