“Interesting and Tasty”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A lunch and dinner restaurant with an extensive menu,including wild caught seafood, all natural beef, chicken and pork selections, pasta and delicious salads.
Reviewed 28 June 2015

This was our 2nd visit to the Storie Street Grill. We both opted for a pasta dish for a change of pace. The Goat Cheese filled Ravioli in a browned butter sauce was delicious. Lasagna passed the taste test, as well. Excellent coffee, nice service, good wine list; pleasant atmosphere with comfortable seating. Our only negative complaint was that the entrees were, while tasty, not really hot - warm and acceptable, but perhaps sat a bit too long before being served?

mountaincook, Owner at Storie Street Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your evening with us. I will pass your comments regarding the warm food on to our kitchen. We hope to see you again and will make sure the food is piping hot.

Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

We were a large group-7-and enjoyed a fine meal, punctuated by a lightning/rainstorm that came up from the south (unusual). Our entrees included the pork tenderloin (those who took the waiter's recommendation said amongst the best they'd EVER enjoyed), filet cooked perfectly, and the rainbow trout-very good!
We were out on the back porch, and simply dropped waterproof curtains to stay dry-wonderful! Good size portions; excellent wines (recommend the Malbec)-all fairly priced.

Thank you for your kind review. We like to know that our guests had a good dining experience. We will pass your review on to your server. Thank you again..

Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

While the atmosphere was pleasant our first exerience for dinner in blowing rock left ys somewhat disappointed. I ordered the shrimp and crab cake dinner. The cake was just appetizer size. When I mentioned this to the waitress, she offered me more bread. I could have ordered another cake, I chose not to make my partner wait another 20 minutes for another meal and another $18. No manager came to the tabke to speak to me. Already $18 wasted, I will choose another place to dine as Blowing Rock will be a monthly visit for us.

1  Thank Bob S

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your dinner with us. We want everyone who dines with us to enjoy their meal. When we fall short we do our best to rectify the problem. In your situation we would have been glad to have recooked or replaced your meal. Our manager was not aware of the problem or she would have taken care of it. If you remember the name of your server please let me know. Also we would like to have you come in as our guests for another dinner and give us a chance to provide you a good experience, Please ask for Laurie who is our General Manager.

Reviewed 26 June 2015

Great place to eat after you have worked up an appetite browsing the shops of Blowing Rock. We ate on the back patio which is very open and nice - but does not have a "view" to speak of (it is in the back of the building overlooking a parking lot). Our waitress was very friendly and seemed to appear at just the right time with refills on tea/water without being intrusive. Great selection of local craft beers. Menu is not extensive but offers a lot of choices. My meal was very, VERY good - a pasta dish with fresh ham and chicken - and was big enough for two people to easily share. (I believe most items on the menu are locally sourced and fresh.) The main appeal of this place is just the fact that it is right in the middle of downtown Blowing Rock - one of the most charming, beautiful towns in the USA! My one "complaint" is that you have to walk by the kitchen to get to the patio - I literally had to step around a basin of dirty dishes set on the floor to get through the hallway to the patio. The main restaurant is very warm and inviting - lots of wood tones with a very romantic atmosphere.

mountaincook, Owner at Storie Street Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2015

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your dinner with us. I am sorry about the view but being in downtown Blowing Rock has some drawbacks. Thank you for bringing to my attention the dishes on the floor. That is against our policy and I will take care of it. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

Had the best dinner with the best service. From the cocktails to the entree' the meal was perfect. We were celebrating our anniversary and staff could not have been more accommodating.

mountaincook, Owner at Storie Street Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2015

Thank you for your kind review. We are very glad you chose us to share your anniversary. Happy Anniversary and we look forward to seeing you again.