“Depot Bob”

Ranked #16 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$18 - US$40
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Palm Coast, Florida
“Depot Bob”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

One of our favorite high end restaurants for romantic night out. You're never rushed and are presented with great appetizers and entrees. Very formal with reservations required. Pricey but worth it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DepotBob

Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“A great special occasion restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

When you want to be wined & dined, this is the place to go. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is classy. We love the appetizer pizza (but it'll ruin your appetite if you eat the whole thing). Even when we have to take home leftovers , they are still great the next day.

• Visited February 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“Not Like The Original At All!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had been eating at the REAL Best Cellar for many years, so was very sad to hear it burned. I took my 27 yr old son there for his birthday and we were SOOOO disappointed. I was so used to the "house of many rambling room in the woods" that I was immediately turned off. We were rushed through our meal, and when it's a $30.00 entree, I do not care to be rushed. They have crowded so many tables in small spaces that you hear everyone's conversations. OK in a bar, but not for fine dining. Food was just OK. Mi ordered the lamb, my son the duck. His was too dry to even eat. So SAD for such a fine Blowing Rock tradition to go up in smoke......literally! We will not be returning to it's copycat version.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank joybgunter1
Mint Hill
“For food, service and atmosphere, you just can't beat The Best Cellar.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our Valentine's dinner at the Best Cellar this past weekend. From the time we walked in, until we left, we were treated like royalty. The waiter was knowledgeable and patient as we tried different wines until we found the right ones. The salads were fresh and tasty. My wife had the Salmon and I had the Grouper. Both were excellent. The table beside us had an issue with one of their entres and the entire staff worked diligently until the issue was resolved. Very impressive. With wine and the meal our meal was only $85.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Charles S
Hickory, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This used to be our favorite restaurant in Blowing Rock. We invited ten of our friends to dine with us and I was completely embarrassed. The food was lacking not only in taste, but in warmth as well. My food was cold and I could barely saw my steak knife through what was supposed to be a medium rare steak. The calamari was also cold and tasted like it came out of the freezer section of the grocery store. The manager kept peaking around the corner at us as soon as the bills were placed in the table. On her third or fourth trip she interrupted our conversation to ask if we wanted anything else. My friend asked if that was code for us to leave, to which she responded yes! She stated that she had people that had been waiting for 20 minutes on our table. When you spend that much money in a restaurant you should not be rushed out. Way to go guys, you just lost ten patrons.

Visited January 2014