“Nice menu selection and good service”

Six Pence Pub Blowing Rock
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The menu was very diversified and the pub experience fun. The portions are extremely large and can easily be shared. The restaurant has pub recommendations as the suggested items and we tried the Pot Roast and also the Open beef sandwich which were recommended. Both dishes have lots of thick gravy and are served with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans which were both very good. We would return to this restaurant.

1  Thank Fussytraveler440

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I love English themed pubs like this place. Great beer, wine and liquor selection combined with really tasty food and a cozy pub atmosphere. I had the Beef Guinness pie in a bread bowl. It was excellent. My wife had the same thing on mashed potatoes and she loved hers as well. Our 13 year had chicken tenders and "the best mashed potatoes ever!". I would give the place 5 stars but our server was a bit flat. Kind of like this generation of kids we have created who are appalled to have to get a job when the become adults.

1  Thank OliverTwist66
Reviewed 6 July 2014

It was very busy yet our table was never wanting for anything. Our waitress and the other staff really had their hustle on and our drinks and food were delivered as if we were the only ones in the restaurant. All the food was excellent, great sandwiches. Try The Scotch Eggs AND The Ruben. Very nice patio for people watching on the main street.

2  Thank TravelingExec32
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Ordered the fried mac and cheese for a starter....awesome! Could have had a few more and called it a meal. Well, that would not be too healthy, so for the main course we ordered the fish and chips!! They were outstanding, I had the large portion and my better half had the small. The small is plenty large enough for most, I would think. The fish was crispy on the outside and very tender and tasty on the inside, light batter and cooked perfectly. Wait staff superb,, highly recommend for a lunch or dinner. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the food, great evening.

2  Thank winrockpost
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I always stop by Six Pence for fish and chips whenever we're in Blowing Rock. We always get the same thing because the fish and chips are so good. Last night we had dinner on July 4th after hiking all day. At first we thought maybe our last minute decision was going to be a bad one because all the restaurants downtown were very crowded. We were seated right away in the bar area and the service was amazingly efficient and the food good as always. The staff is very friendly.

1  Thank NCMtbGirl