“Okay but could have been better!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blowing Rock
Days Inn Blowing Rock
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Blowing Rock
GREENVILLE,NC
“Okay but could have been better!”
Reviewed 10 March 2007

On a short getaway to the NC Mountains we choose to stay at the Days Inn in Blowing Rock. We arrived on a Wednesday and left on Saturday morning. First impression the outside didnt have much of an appeal, but once inside seemed to be a clean place. However, the hotel is a cold place, Front desk always said that the heat was on but I dont think they finally ever turned any heat on in the place until Friday night with other customers started showing up. I guess they figured it was too much overhead to keep the place heated. Of course all the rooms have the individual heaters, but the heater in our room was annoying. It would stay on and when it did go off it would come back on in ten seconds. I believe this was due to no heat anywhere else in the building. There was only like two other rooms rented out Wed. and Thurs. Overall this was an okay stay, but if I did it again, I think I would stay in Boone.

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank NCTRAVELER_07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Orlando
Reviewed 4 January 2007

From the outside and the lobby, this hotel looks to be OK, but at a price of just under $100 it was extremely disappointing. We had to go back three times to the front desk to get the key to work and when we got in the accomodations were horrible. The wallpaper was falling off the walls, everything in the bathroom was old and falling apart, there was mold in the shower and on the shower curtain, not to mention the room was incredibly dusty. I wouldn't even touch the blanket on the bed, it was all balled up. I wouldn't even go the pool, just tried to imagine I was somewhere else. I advised the concierge of the condition of the room and he didn't offer to adjust our bill or offer any kind words. Go into Boone and stay at one of the better chains.

Stayed December 2006

Village Inn of Blowing Rock
Village Inn of Blowing Rock
#8 of 15 in Blowing Rock
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk

Been to Days Inn Blowing Rock? Share your experiences!