“Good and different!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Newark, Delaware
“Good and different!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I went there with a party of 11 and had a very pleasant experience. We did have a couple kids send back their jerk chicken, mainly because they did not know what they were ordering. So if you have picky eaters, this may not be the place to go. They do offer burgers, which I am sure they will cook to your liking. Otherwise our crew loved the food. The boats are definitely unique and are a must try. All of the adults loved their food. I would definitely give it a try if in Boone! Service was also very good. It is definitely run by some young hippies, but that is fine (coming from an old hippie!) as it gives the place a cool vibe.

• Visited December 2013

Lansing, North Carolina
“Super good food!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I greatly enjoyed the food offered at the Coyote Kitchen. Coyote Kitchen offers delicious homemade salsas, huge "boats" that tantalize the taste buds, and awesome tacos and even burgers! Only down side is that the restaurant is rather small so get there early or make reservations because this place can get packed.

• Visited September 2013
Raleigh
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I got one of their boats - the Baja - which the waitress told me is what they're known for. I was not disappointed. The combination of grilled tilapia, sweet potato and melted cheese was incredible. The beans, rice and corn did not move me as much however I would order the dish again (and will look into making a similar concoction at home). Exactly what I needed after a day of skiing - warm and filling.

Visited December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Different and Delicious!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were in Boone for the weekend and looking for something different. As we often do, we turned to TripAdvisor for some ideas and decided to explore Coyote Kitchen. The outside and interior ambiance were not very impressive and I think we had a moment of doubt before being seated. Our waiter was great - timely, polite and when asked for recommendations had an opinion. We ordered the chips and salsa variety the chips were OK, but it had 4 salsas and we enjoyed trying them. We moved onto salads and the spinach salad was Awesome! The Taos and Corronado boats were recommended and they were both Awesome as well. They were an amazing combination of tastes and textures that I had not had before. Truely something unique and really well done. This place is worth the visit if you enjoy complex dishes that keep you wondering what was that?

• Visited December 2013
Sanford, North Carolina
“Small place with big flavors!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

After hearing great things about the Coyote Kitchen, the three of us made a trip to try them out one evening. We arrived around 5 pm and the place was already almost full. The restaurant seating area is small and cozy with interesting art on the walls. Because it is small, I would say that if you have a very large party or a lot of children, this may not be a great place to visit just because of the tight area. Although they were busy, we were seated quickly and immediately our server came to greet us and make suggestions as well as to answer any questions. They had several seasonal beer choices that were very nice. We ordered drinks first and were served quickly. We decided to try the chips with the three salsas so we could try them out, and we were very pleased with all three. I would say my favorite was the pineapple, but the cranberry and pineapple were both wonderful as well. All three are kind of sweet and fruity, with a nice afterbite of heat in the hotter ones. The server then came for our entrée orders, and we decided to each ordered a different item and share. We ordered a boat with chicken, shrimp tacos, and a salmon burrito. All three dishes were wonderful! The roasted sweet potato in the dishes was so good. Very hard to pick a favorite, but I think the Salmon burrito with the sweet potato probably won that round! If you like Caribbean/Tex-Mex style, this place is for you! Overall a GREAT dining experience, great service, wonderful food. We will definitely go back on our next visit to Boone!

• Visited November 2013