“PERFECT....went July 25th 10am”
Review of Scream Time Ziplines - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Scream Time Ziplines
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a great time!!! Weather was lovely and the staff was so very friendly. Felt like family...
Made the 3 plus hour trip worth it!! It was very well managed and we felt safe at ALL times, even enjoyed seeing the cows...hahaha :) They will answer any and all questions you may have so please ask, I did ask a lot. I would suggest to wear old shoes.. As far as finding the place.. When you make the turn at Skateworld, you will see a yellow house by the road right away with a drive way... That IS your turn!! go up and to the right :) We did our reservations online a few days ahead and printed out our confirmation page.
I really hated to see the day end there but look forward to going back with my husband :) Thanks again for making the day so much fun for us both!!

1  Thank KristenDrew

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We had an incredible time. We were in Boone to visit our AppState student and went out. We had a great time, even the teen with a fear of heights. Screaming Ziplines has a very friendly and responsible staff (that my son decided he would love to join). I love the staff assisted stops. I had no worries. We will definitely plan on a return trip!

2  Thank Kakamonga
Reviewed 29 June 2013

"You should try it. It is very, very fun. Chris zip lined with me on all 6 zip lines. It was so fun and fast that I couldn't believe it was happening. I felt very safe and comfortable with Chris when he went with me. And I liked the way Becky made me stop slower instead of hitting the rope in to me. And Brian and John helped me stop slow and safely also. Just try it some day, it will be so fun."
By: RJ, age 6

On Wednesday evening I called Chris to inquire about our small kids zip lining. After speaking with all the places in the high country I decided Scream Time was the place to go. In addition to having the shortest course available they also are the only place that do assisted braking and seemed very knowledgeable. He promptly called me back to confirm our appointment for the following morning. Thursday morning on the way out there he called to tell me it was drizzling. They would still happily take us, but he knew we were bringing kids and wanted to double check. How thoughtful!
It was a little hard to find, and as we pulled up the road we briefly questioned if we were in the correct place. They drove a Polaris (4wheel drive golf cart) down to pick us up. I was initially a little surprised at how young the guide who met us was. My friend, her 5, 4 & 2 year old kids, myself, and my 6 & 2 year old all headed up. We decided, based on weather, to come back in the afternoon. They said they would fit us in any time at all.
The plan was for my friend (who is terrified of heights) her 5 year old and my 6 year old to go. My friend and her son were going tandem. My daughter was undecided if she wanted to go alone. When I say there is no possible way to overstate the amount of nerves and safety anxiety we had, it is not an exaggeration. Becky, John and Brian were nothing short of AMAZING! They explained every piece of equipment and how it worked. They answered questions about how the course was installed and by whom. They were knowledgeable about how often and thoroughly equipment is checked, as well when and who inspected and certified the course. Then, they answered all the questions again. At least two of them checked each person to make sure they were harnessed correctly. If they were irritated or thought we were crazy, it never crossed any of their faces a single time.
When it was time to go up to the top of the course I thought my friend was going to pass out riding the Polaris up the steep, wet gravel road. Brian was great with her. He drove extra cautiously to appease her.
We walked down the short bit to the top of the course. Although it was a steep walk down the 4, 2 & 2 year olds with me did fine. Watch out for cow patties though!
When we got to the first line Chris, Becky, John and Brian again explained all the safety equipment to us. They gave easy, clear instructions for how to ride and be safe. John went across first to brake the riders. My daughter decided she did not want to go alone. Chris hooked in with her, someone else double checked them, he reassured her, gave a big grin and took off. She loved it! I could hear her giggles echoing through the valley!! When my girlfriend was up Becky and John triple checked them, re-explained the procedure and helped her find the most comfortable way for her son to go tandem.
I watched them do the first two lines, then Brian drove us down to watch them come in on the fourth one. After that we were driven to the bottom to watch their long run to the end. My daughter's first words upon stopping were to ask if we could come back again next week. It was an awesome experience!

6  Thank DailyMantra
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We made the reservation on the phone. We had a great time. They seemed really safe and helped make us feel secure. They drove us up to the top on an ATV and the views were really beautiful. We got to race each other but our favorite was the line that was 2000 feet! It was crazy fast with awesome views. It was so much fun! Can't wait to bring more people back to try it out.

1  Thank Annald80