“We'll be back!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2017

This edition of Excited about Eating takes us to Cha Da Thai, an authentic Thai restaurant that incorporates a “balance of textures, colors and flavors” in Boone, NC.

Dora here. We’ve been frequenting The Local, right next door to Cha Da Thai, for years, but the exterior of the restaurant never really invited us in. But after our son returned from his year-long journey and cooked a Thai meal for us, we knew we had to try this place. The interior was huge and clean, and the server friendly and helpful with suggestions. Oh, and a FREE parking lot across the street is always a bonus!

For my lunch, I chose the Sweet & Sour Pork. The pork was breaded and deep-fried, and the plate was loaded with onion, pineapples, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, and rice on the side. Different than other sweet & sour dishes I’ve tasted, more of a stir-fry. They lived up to their philosophy with vivid colors, crunchy texture, and perfectly balanced flavors.

Dora here. Our son suggested we try the Tom Kha soup, and ya’ll know how much I love dumplings. So, I opted for two appetizers. Win, win, right? Oh, yeah. According to their menu, the Tom Kha soup is “pure Thai comfort food.” The flavors were vibrant, wake-you-up intense, with every dip of my spoon. Huge slivers of chicken, chunks of tomatoes, and mushrooms all mingled in a coconut cream soup infused with lemon grass and chili paste. Deep, complex, and wowza! I can’t say that I would consider it comfort food, but I would definitely order it again. And again. And the dumplings were unlike any I’ve sampled before. You have a choice between fried or steamed, and I went with steamed. Pork and chicken and other tiny goodies packed into thin wrappers and served with a sweet (honey?) sesame sauce with a hint of citrus. Oh. Yes! Come to mama! We will be back. And I’ll probably order the exact same thing. lol.

What about you? When you find a certain dish on the menu that you enjoy, do you order it every time you visit that restaurant? Stop by Fiction Faith & Foodies Blog. We'd love to know! -Ernie & Dora Hiers, Fiction Faith & Foodies Blog

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We eat here at least every month or so. The soups are authentic. The dishes are tasty and filling. Wait staff is attentive. Definitely a great place for a different dinner.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner and the place was great. It's off the main street about s block down the hill bit more than wort the trip.
We went in they was very attentive and knew the menu well.
The portions are very big and I had to struggle to finish the meal.
We had the seafood teriyaki with shrimp and scallops. Plenty of both on the dish. My companion has the Seafood meal cooked in a clay pot,with shrimp, scallops, mussels and squid.
They had some local beer on the menu as well as the typical Thai beers.
Would highly recommend this establishment.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This place has been around for many years now, and for good reason! The food is great and it's always consistent. The wine list is nice and even better is the price! We are always shocked at how reasonable the wine prices are. The in side is cute and quiet. There are a few tables outdoors, there is a nice size outdoor area,.... however it's not used to it's full potential, so if you want to enjoy the mountain air you better be willing to wait for a table outside. The service is great, never had a complaint. Food comes out fast, the Duck is the best!Get the V-1 Duck! Wow! So yummy! You can't go wrong by eating here!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

I will go back and go back again. The menu had a wide selection and was very affordable. I had a duck dish that wa excellent and attractively priced. There are drinks specials too.