“Usually superb not tonight”
Review of Cha Da Thai

Cha Da Thai
Ranked #36 of 160 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I have always loved Chada Thai, they’re food is delicious. However last nite it was very bland and needed extra spice at a number 4 star. Additionally, the people we were with could not eat peppers (allergic) and although my friend told the waitress several times, they both got green peppers. They took it away and brought back their dishes without peppers but we finished our dinners before they got theirs.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Our two families of 8 ordered takeout. The soup, dumplings, curry, beef noodles, and everything we ordered was tasteless, too sweet, and really just disappointing overall. Not one of us enjoyed our dinner.

1  Thank Joshua S
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great lunch at Cha Da. They have an extensive Thai menu. I had the chicken pad Thai and my wife had the vegetable fried rice. Both were terrific, the price was very reasonable, and the service was great. The owner introduced herself to us - she is from Phuket, Thailand. We recently visited Thailand and confirmed the food at her restaurant was excellent and authentic. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This edition of Excited about Eating takes us to Cha Da Thai, an authentic Thai restaurant that incorporates a “balance of textures, colors and flavors” in Boone, NC.

Dora here. We’ve been frequenting The Local, right next door to Cha Da Thai, for years, but the exterior of the restaurant never really invited us in. But after our son returned from his year-long journey and cooked a Thai meal for us, we knew we had to try this place. The interior was huge and clean, and the server friendly and helpful with suggestions. Oh, and a FREE parking lot across the street is always a bonus!

For my lunch, I chose the Sweet & Sour Pork. The pork was breaded and deep-fried, and the plate was loaded with onion, pineapples, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, and rice on the side. Different than other sweet & sour dishes I’ve tasted, more of a stir-fry. They lived up to their philosophy with vivid colors, crunchy texture, and perfectly balanced flavors.

Dora here. Our son suggested we try the Tom Kha soup, and ya’ll know how much I love dumplings. So, I opted for two appetizers. Win, win, right? Oh, yeah. According to their menu, the Tom Kha soup is “pure Thai comfort food.” The flavors were vibrant, wake-you-up intense, with every dip of my spoon. Huge slivers of chicken, chunks of tomatoes, and mushrooms all mingled in a coconut cream soup infused with lemon grass and chili paste. Deep, complex, and wowza! I can’t say that I would consider it comfort food, but I would definitely order it again. And again. And the dumplings were unlike any I’ve sampled before. You have a choice between fried or steamed, and I went with steamed. Pork and chicken and other tiny goodies packed into thin wrappers and served with a sweet (honey?) sesame sauce with a hint of citrus. Oh. Yes! Come to mama! We will be back. And I’ll probably order the exact same thing. lol.

What about you? When you find a certain dish on the menu that you enjoy, do you order it every time you visit that restaurant? Stop by Fiction Faith & Foodies Blog. We'd love to know! -Ernie & Dora Hiers, Fiction Faith & Foodies Blog

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We eat here at least every month or so. The soups are authentic. The dishes are tasty and filling. Wait staff is attentive. Definitely a great place for a different dinner.