“Overnight on the Nolichucky with Girl Scouts”

High Mountain Expeditions
Ranked #4 of 25 Outdoor Activities in Boone
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to High Mountain Expeditions. We are located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, with two locations to serve you in Boone and Banner Elk, North Carolina. High Mountain Expeditions offers outdoor activities, such as whitewater rafting, caving, and hiking for every member of your group or family.The team at High Mountain Expeditions invites you to join us in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains on one of our many outdoor adventures.
Durham, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Overnight on the Nolichucky with Girl Scouts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Junior Girl Scout troop 3414 from Durham just finished the overnight rafting trip this weekend with Parker, Kelby and Alex as our guides. All 3 of them were fantastic with the girls. They worked hard to make sure the girls had a great time and that they were as safe as possible. I highly recommend this overnight trip, High Mountain Expedition and these guides in particular. What a blast - we will definitely do it again.

Mount Holly, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Time on the Nolichucky!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The wife & I had done a couple of prior white water excursion across the country...but based on the weather (rain had the river cranking) and the HME team....a new level has been reached. We had a great time! We went on a Monday, just after school started and we had the ONLY boat on the river! We never saw a sould after we launched. Made it really neat. The guide (Tyler) is borderline crazy which made for a fun day. The lunch was great, the staff was great....A++++ I'd recommend this outfitter to anyone without hesitation.

Rochester, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We went on an all day white water rafting trip with High Mountain Expeditions this week and it was awesome. We have been on other rafting trips in Colorado and Utah but this one was by far the best. Safety was the number one concern of our guides but having fun was second and they truly showed us a good time. Lunch was great. Everything was well coordinated from the time we started on the bus until we got off. Even when I called to make the reservation, they were very polite and accommodating. It truly was a wonderful day and my family and I did not want it to end. I would highly recommend this company for white water rafting.

Orlando, Florida
“OMG NOLICHUCKY RIVER ROCKS WITH ERIKA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We started off our adventure by booking white water rafting on Sunday, that gave my wife enough time to totally get herself SCARED STIFF. We arrived at HME early, staff was already there with bus loaded, ready and enthusiastic. Wife still stiff. A little over a hour ride to "put in" the spot where the rafts are launched into the river, we stopped at Hardee's to break up the ride. Coffee in hand we proceed to "put in" excitement building. Yep she's still STIFF or maybe getting STIFFER haha. At the launch site Erika, our guide, had her safety brief with us. My daughters where all giggles, 13-10-9+1 extremely Stiff wife, by this time with a slight rumbling sound of distant rapids she is now TERRIFIED. Loaded up, shoved off, and away we went. Just a short float down river, sounds of fast running water filter there way through the beautiful landscape to our ears. I check my girls making sure they are set and ready for the WILD NOLICHUCKY "can't wait daddy" was there reply, smiles covering there young faces. Wife at this point won't even look at me, the sound getting louder & louder with every second. No Turning Back greeted us with fast water, spray in your face and Erika guiding us safely through. Now we are coming up to a class 5 everyone focused on what there supposed to do, Erika barking out commands we slide on past, safe and secure. My girls now are laughing there heads off with excitement & thrill, the wife smiles. Now I knew she in for the ride of her life. Erika's skill at handling fast water is not unlike a surgeons scapel. After being in such accomplished hands the rest of the day was GREAT. Wife now laughing like a school girl with the other school girls, says to me, WE HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN BEFOR WE LEAVE. needless to say we highly recommend High Mountain Expeditions and Erika.

US
“Last weekend before daughter went to college!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

The guide, Kelby, was a super nice gentlemen. The adventure was great! It did rain on us but no thunder/lightning so we just sat in the chilly rain and floated on. Quick shower then the sun came out. My family and I had a blast! Good memories!! Great company to deal with!!