“Great food and service”

Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Description: With a cozy pub-like interior, Galileo's provides delicious meals, amazing drink prices and the best desserts.Family friendly dining in a casual atmosphere in downtown Boone. check out upcoming shows on our website and join us every Wednesday night at 8:30 for Trivia Night.
Charlotte NC
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Our family of 5 (mom, dad, 3 teenagers) stopped here for dinner after moving in oldest daughter to App State. Server was very attentive, cheerful, polite. Food was terrific and not overpriced. Our entrees were fish tacos that were wonderful, chicken tacos that were yummy (corn tortillas instead of yucky flour ones) and the Cheer Wine BBQ pork sandwich (x2) which was delicious! Chicken dillas were just ok. Sat outside on a beautiful Boone day. Pleasantly surprised!

1 Thank Katgold831

Richmond
“A Pleasant Suprise ”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped her on our way back to our inn to grab a quick bite. I had a basic burger with a fruit cup and my husband ordered the chicken enchilada tacos. Both were delicious!! The service was great and it seemed that everyone enjoyed their job. We would go back there again.

Princeton, West Virginia, United States
“Good food. Great beer”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for a bite prior to attending a concert in Boone. Server was friendly, eclectic selection of food. Just a little slow getting our food but worth the wait. They offer smores to make at your table! Neat selection of beer but, hey, it's a college town.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Barbara B
Lenoir, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a deal!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had a good, not great, time at Galileo's. I expect better service in the high country, but the food and price made it all worth it. I'd recommend showing up a little earlier to avoid the college riff raff.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank CMFuentes
“Hair in my food”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We visited after an App Football game on a Saturday. It was not even 7pm so the restaurant wasn't crowded. We walked in and it was filled with smoke as if their ventilation system was broken. I could hardly breath. I ordered a chicken wrap of some sort. It was fine until about half way through I pulled a long blonde hair out of my mouth. I nearly threw up at the table. Had to run to the bathroom and was Ill the rest of the night .. I was so appalled I had to leave immediately. I know hair in food happens but the was the worst I have ever experienced. This was the second time in a few months we had bad experiences here. Not worth it. If the food were better it would be forgivable .. Unfortunately that's not the case.