“Excellent Pizza slices and lunch service”
Review of Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs - CLOSED

Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I'm new to the area and work nearby and finally gave this place a try for lunch. I am so glad I did! I had one of the the lunch specials: 2 slices w/one topping and a drink. The slices were huge!! The cheese was vey generous and of very good quality. I had meatballs on mine and they were delicious. The slices were so huge, I could only eat one and took other for my dinner later. It was a great deal too for less than $7.00. Also, the service was very fast and friendly, so I was able to get in out to get back to work in plenty of time. I will definitely return and bring my family too!

Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Hello! Thanks SO much for your review of our beloved restaurant. Yes, we say the slices are "bigger than your head." Two would definitely be hard to eat at one sitting! Glad you liked the meatballs, they are my mom's recipe and she makes them from scratch. Come on back with the family! Kids eat free on Sundays!

Beverly (Co-owner with Chef (mom) Myleia)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

When Dave and Lorna owned this place, the service was always way above average! Sometimes a new server who lacked experience but always one of the owners would be out there in the dining room following up with customers and making sure that servers were properly trained and customers kept happy.
On our visits there since Dave and Lorna sold out, we have noticed a steady decline in the service and in the quality of the food. Our last visit was the worst service we have ever had in this restaurant. A friendly waiter who seated us and took our drink orders - and then didn't return for about 10 minutes with our drinks and took our food orders. There were 5 of us (lunchtime) and the food for 2 people was brought out in fairly good time. Unfortunately, the remaining 3 didn't get their orders until another 5 minutes had past - and one diner, who had ordered soup and salad, got the soup but no salad. When she finally flagged down our waiter, he went to the kitchen and returned shortly with the caesar salad she had ordered. As soon as she tasted it, she discovered that their was NO dressing on it....a Caesar salad without dressing? Again, flagged down our waiter (with some difficulty) and he went to the kitchen and returned with salad dressing - not Caesar, just oil and vinegar but by this time the rest of us were about finished with our meals so the salad eater ate part of her salad and we payed our bill and left.

I need to point out that the place was NOT busy - the waiter was hanging around the bar talking to another employee for much of the time we were there.

Food was OK...Not what it used to be, but OK (except for dry salad)....Service was poor and not a sign of any management in the dining room.

I would give them another chance if I were in the mall at lunch time and wanted Italian or there usually great soup and usually good salads! I would not however, give them the kind of enthusiastic endorsement I used to give when the previous owners assured that you had great service!

Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your candid response about your experience at Primo's. First of all, we are so terribly sorry and embarrassed for the service that you received. We have shared this review with my mother, the co-owner and chef, all three of our managers, as well as our staff. The individual in question is being reprimanded and we are making an effort to address this issue right away. We are also bringing in managers earlier to have more attention on our lunch floor.

It is so disheartening to hear that you feel there has been a decline in the quality of our food. Dave and Lorna trained my mother and I, and we have never made one decision or purchase that would lessen the quality of food. We get fresh produce every day. We make most dishes from scratch, from my mother's recipes, from the homemade meatballs, hand-made lasagna, to the soups and salads made fresh. We toss our caesar salads in our homemade dressing, so I know the experience you had was simply a mistake. If anything, our biggest focus has been on continuously trying to make the food better and better as we go, while maintaining hearty portions at fair prices.

I am happy to hear that you will hopefully give us another chance. We would appreciate the chance to make it up to you with a free meal at your convenience. My email address is: millerward@gmail.com . Please contact me if you are interested and I will be sure you are well taken care of. Additionally, if you can tell me the dishes you had that you didn't enjoy, we will look at that as well.

Our situation is not the same as Dave & Lorna's. My mother makes every effort to come out into the dining room when she can, but she also spends a great deal of time cooking the food. We will continue to strive to be better.

Beverly Ward
Co-Owner

Reviewed 12 November 2013

On a snowy night in Boone, we headed to Primo's for some Italian to stoke the furnace, so to speak. Mission accomplished. Our server was excellent, and quickly pointed out to us that Tuesday was "Buy One/Get One for 1/2" night. Nice offer to say the least. She was new (admittedly been there for only a month), but provided excellent and professional service. Garlic knots were warmly supplied with just the right amount of garlic butter and parm, quickly followed by delicious Caesar's, both of which were included in the very reasonable meal price. Perfectly timed entrees included outstanding Pesto on Angel Hair with a salmon filet and a Eggplant Parm on linguini, both of which were HUGE. Beverages were kept full and service remained attentive throughout. A nice find in an unexpected Mall location.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! As co-owner of Primo's with my Mother, Myleia, the chef that cooked your food, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. In a time when people shout so much louder about what they don't like than what they do, it really means so much to us that you took the time out to give us this outstanding review. We think we are a hidden gem too :) but it means more when you do. Please come back and visit us. We would love to have you again!

Beverly Ward
Co-Owner

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Along with the excellent service (Furman's entire soccer team were seated just before us and they never missed a beat), the baked ziti with mozzarella and ricotta, the Italian nachos with Alfredo and cheddar, and the chicken calzone were all very good. Relaxed atmosphere in this little corner of the Boone mall.
Do yourself a favor.

Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Hi J,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to review our little restaurant! We put a lot of work into trying to make it look easy! :) Also, to add to the craziness, we had a power outage in the mall that day and no power for over an hour! That was extreme restaurant-ing, for sure. But we are SO happy you had great service and enjoyed our food. Thanks again and come back soon!

Beverly, Owner

Reviewed 19 September 2013

All I can say is Pasta Primavera! I never eaten in a mall setting and been so pleased. Love that they have added wheat and gluten free pasta. Try the utdoor patio if you are in the mood for good local live music.

Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Hi there! So you liked the pasta primavera, huh?? Yes, that is a favorite for sure! I think it helps so much that we get fresh produce in daily from Lett Us Produce, a local company. That dish is definitely one of my Mom's best (Myleia, the Chef and co-owner). Glad you had fun on the patio too! We realize our venue is a little bit different, to have a gourmet meal in the mall!! But we have our own little cozy corner, and once you are in Primo's, you feel at home!

So glad you enjoyed it, and very, very grateful for you taking the time out to post a review and spread kind words about our beloved restaurant.

Beverly Ward, Owner