“A really nice hotel in Boone, NC”

Quality Inn & Suites University
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, Tennessee
“A really nice hotel in Boone, NC”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed at this Best Western 2-1-13 for two nights for a ski vacation to Sugar Mtn. I read the reviews prior to selecting this hotel so that influenced me to stay here. I realize a lot of reviews come from a negative experience so on the front end let me say that my stay at this Best Western was exceptional in every way. The hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and the ladies at the counter brighten my day. It was a very messy snowy day, so keeping the hotel entrance clean was a challenge which was accomplished very well. My room was a reasonable rate for what I got. The room had a whirlpool, which I did not use but it was inviting. The bath had the sink and tube in the same area, which I like my privacy so this was nice to me. The bath was large and roomy and the shower was clean with a good shower head flow. The room had a gas fireplace which did put out heat and added a nice homely feel. The room was large with a couch and plenty of tables a long with a cold refrigerator and microwave. It also had a great view of the front mountains. I would recommend a front upper room for the view. I had some minor issues with the fireplace and the maintenance was there fast and got the problem fixed. The breakfast was better than the usual continental breakfast with plenty of variety selections and the keeper of the area kelp things stocked and clean. Everyone working at this hotel was very nice and effective in doing their job. Bear in mind the hotel is set back from the main street a little but is easy to get to is you follow signs. There is a Country Kitchen restaurant across the street along with a Lowes food store and a Cracker Barrel just a short drive. Sugar Mtn. is about a 30 min drive from here and Appalachian ski resort about 15 min. I was very pleased with this Best Western and recommend it highly. My check out person was Maria and she was very helpful as were all the folks that work here. I do want to add that the best was comfortable and clean but not exceptional as a 5 star may be.

Room Tip: The upper level front rooms have the best view of the mtns. The pool was large and used by many kid...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Professor2cool
Sonya N, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always pleased to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay here with us at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Sonya Newberry
Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 January 2013

If you are looking for a reasonably priced clean hotel this is the one. But do not expect much. It is very frugal hotel. I stayed two nights there. The second night the room was made up but nothing was replaced. Example I used 2 towels and left two, so the house keeping figured out that I need only 2 and did not replenish any. I used half a bar of soap so they figure that I should be able to do with the other half. But they missed on the coffee , I used the regular packet and left the decaf so they did not replace the regular. I doubt that the house keeping lady does it on her own. Apparently behind it is a very cheap management (owner?). Breakfast was the worst . Too bad the breakfast area is very nice. Coffee? , only by name, it has no resemblance to real coffee. WiFi is horrible and apparently depends on the location of the room. It disconnects every 5 minutes or less.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Zinaamam
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for issues that you encountered during your stay here with us. I have spoke with housekeeping about restocking all items in the rooms so that this problem does not arise again. It is always our goal for each of our guests to have an enjoyable stay and we use your feedback to ensure we do just that. Again thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is my second stay during ski season and I will come back for sure. Rooms are clean and location is good and close enough to ski resorts. Price is appropriate and staff is nice. My room was on the back of the building and was very quiet. I will recommend this BW hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the survey on our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza and will be recommending us. It is our goal to make sure that each and every one of our guests feel welcome and that they want to stay with us when they return to the Boone area. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Sincerely
Reviewed 31 December 2012

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from a Best Western and I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean and every staff person we talked to was friendly and helpful. The pool was the highlight in the middle of a very cold winter! Our stay really could not have been any better and the price was great too! Would definitely stay there again...

• Stayed December 2012
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Dmspurli
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We love to hear that our guests enjoy their stay here with us at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. It is each one of our goals to make sure that each of our guests leave with a positive experience. Again thank you and we look forward to the next time you visit Boone!

Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 December 2012

This is a very decent family oriented hotel. It is in a quite location - no college student noise. Very friendly staff. Across the street from a plaza and movie theater. Not real fancy, but good solid place to stay on a budget

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. We rely on our guests feedback so that we can make sure that everyone has an enjoyable stay with us. Again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Front Desk Manager
Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza.
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Fantastic water pressure and whirlpool tub filled extremely fast. The room was comfortable and clean, and the hotel staff was very polite. Couldn't ask for any better. Exactly what I have come to expect from Best Western.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank JAMES A
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. We appreciate your kind words and it helps to reinforce all the hard work that our employees put in to make sure that each one of our guests has a enjoyable stay. We love to hear when our guests are happy. Again thank you, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Boone.

Austin, TX
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed at the BW Plus Blue Ridge a little over a year after my first visit. This time with my husband. Got a room with a gas fireplace and king bed. Love the welcoming warmth and ambience of the fireplace...at the flip of a switch! No in-room spa tub, but the room was very spacious and the bathroom was also super roomy. Everything was very clean and very comfortable. Couldn't be more pleased with the condition of the hotel and our room. Maria in reception was very friendly and helpful, and the new person handling the breakfast was also super nice. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Our room (king and gas fireplace) on the second floor facing the mountains was very quiet and comfor...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank summercamper
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review on tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. I will be sure to pass along your comments to each one of our staff, so that they know that the guests appreciate their hard work. Again thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Blue Ridge Plus Blue Ridge Plaza