Quality Inn & Suites University
US$80
Sleep Inn Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$65
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$89
Holiday Inn Express Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$91
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$100
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$95
US$60
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$113
Courtyard Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$165
Travelocity
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanindoor poolnice hotelrocking chairsjacuzzi tubwould stay here againfront desk staffgreat place to stayfront porchconvenient locationking suitemini fridgeapp statethe blue ridge parkwayboone areafireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were first challenged with "how" to get to the hotel. If you are not looking carefully to the narrow road beside Country Inn (neighboring hotel) you'll miss it! The hotel had some very nice landscaping with a picturesque view of some mountain-ess terrain. The front patio area was inviting with uniquely crafted rustic outdoor furniture. The lobby was a generous area very comfortable place to relax. The pool (went from 3ft-5ft) was viewable by a large glass wall so that kids could be easily monitored. When looking for the bathrooms after a long trip, you'll find them beyond the elevators. Our room was nice and the bed was comfortable. The wifi is "exactly" as other reviewers stated before, weak signal. That was somewhat frustrating. The rooms didn't have sufficient accessible electrical plugs. Breakfast was typical. If staying to eat breakfast, get your bearings of where items are located first. Everything was so spread out (4 different stations) that I almost missed all my options. If the wifi was stronger I would give this hotel a 4 and not a 3. Staff was considerate and rooms were clean. I hear that during the week days the price is good! For what I paid for a weekend rate, I wish they raise the bar on these minor things and then I would be happy. Again all in all.... Decent.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jimmy C
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel here on Tripadvisor, We love to hear from our guests and it is only through these reviews that we are able to correct any issues. We are currently working on our wifi issue and it should be corrected soon. Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit here in the High Country!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I selected a room to the back. Wonderful peace and quiet. The swimming pool is also recommended. The breakfast is outstanding. The staff extremely friendly and accommodating. No wait time at elevators. Breakfast bar was ready at 6:15 am. Beautiful lounge. Located on 431 next to Country Inn. Easy access. Not noisy. Insulation between room great. An awesome experience. For mid-week, price was $76.- Incredible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for giving our hotel such an awesome review here on TripAdvisor! We are all thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel. We work very hard to make sure each and every one of our guests enjoy their time here and always come back to visit us. Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit here to the Boone area!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I appreciate this hotel offering a state employee's rate, since the hotels in Boone seem really overpriced, particularly on a state employee's salary. The positives--room size was quite large, room came with mini-fridge and microwave, the big tv had about 100 channels, the coffee area and bathroom vanity had granite counter tops, the doors in this hotel have dampers so you don't have to hear your neighbors slamming their doors all night long, the room a/c is loud enough to drown out hallway noise, and if you have an even-numbered room at the front of the hotel you will have a decent mountain view (odd numbered rooms in back not so lucky--retaining wall and parking lot). The negatives--front desk staff checked me into a room that was not made up, and then for my trouble, re-checked me into a room next to the elevator and ice machine (gee, thanks!). My bathroom floor was greasy and quite gross--had to lay down extra towels, as I did not want to walk on it. Housekeeping needs to figure out how to mop, not just smear. The hotel has NO functioning wifi. They advertise free wifi, but it does not work. You might get half a bar for about a minute, then it goes out again. And yes I called the front desk to "reset the router," and yes I tried the signal on multiple devices (iPad, iPhone), and yes my room was in the middle of the hotel not on an outer edge away from the signal. If you need to work, bring a laptop and ethernet cable (not provided). I assume the ethernet port on the wall worked (?), but I did not try it since I had planned to use my iPad. The free breakfast was about what I expected--frozen biscuits to be microwaved, cereal, muffins, pancake/waffle machine, nothing extraordinary, and good luck celiacs. This hotel does have an indoor pool which left an unsavory odor on the first floor, but I suppose if you have kids or are traveling in the winter, this would be a positive. All in all, not bad for a state employee's rate of $77. If I was paying $140, I might be a little disappointed, though, particularly with the wifi situation which is so easy to fix if they really tried.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms at the front have a mountain view. Odd numbered rooms in the back look out at a retaining wall and parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving a review here on Tripadvisor for our hotel. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered with the wifi here and also for the housekeeping issues. I have spoke with both the housekeeping and maintenance team here and I assure you that the problems have been taken care of. Again thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Service was great. Everyone on staff was friendly. Entire hotel was clean and well kept. Was very friendly to us as bikers.

The only downside was the parking lot is hard to find, the hotel needs better signage.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel here on Tripadvisor. We are all thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. We all work very hard to make sure our hotel is very clean and that each one of our guests feel welcome when they are here! Again thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the High Country!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We keep returning to this great place to stay when in the Boone N.C. area. Rooms are clean and the staff are very nice. Breakfast has improved and is now a plus for this Hotel. Check in is fast and easy and my room was as per my reservation. Plenty of parking spaces and seems to be well lit at night. Close to all attractions, shopping and restaurants. We recommend this hotel to our friends and they are now staying here when they are in the Boone area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving a review here on Tripadvisor for our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you like the changes we have made to our breakfast . Also, thank you for recommending us to your friends! We love to hear from our guests and we are always so happy to know that we met our guests expectations! Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!