“Best Stay,Best Western”

Quality Inn & Suites University
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our stay was wonderful, it was clean, comfortable, and the staff was great. Would definitely stay again and would recommend it to friends and family.We were there for a baseball tournament at Appalachian State and they gave us a great group rate and the hotel was only minutes away. We were close to stores and plenty of restaurants. So we had everything that we needed close by.

• Stayed: June 2014
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review for our hotel here on tripadvisor. We all so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while here and that we all met your expectations. We love to hear from our guests and I will pass along your comments to all of my team. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites University

Reviewed 7 July 2014

A conveniently located property, reasonably priced with access to everything. Room was well appointed with comfortable beds and the view was beautiful. Well trained and personable staff and very helpful. A nice feature of the inn was the rocking chairs in the front to sit and relax at the end of the day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a kind review on our hotel. We value all of our guests feedback and we always love to hear that we met their expectations. We are all so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I do agree that the rocking chairs out front offers a great place to enjoy the awesome view of the area. Again thank you we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is set in the heart of Boone, NC. Generally, it is clean and bright with friendly staff. Our complaint is with housekeeping. They need to learn how to make a bed and restock bathrooms. When we informed the desk staff, they immediately corrected the situation, but every other day?!! Come on, bed making 101, not hard to do.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay and I have spoke with the housekeeping department about these issues. I can assure you that these issues have been corrected and I want to thank you for bringing these to my attention. Again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I read the reviews before our recent travel and opted to stay at this facility due to it's proximity to Tweetsie Railroad, last minute availability and because management consistently responded to negative reviews. Well like some of the other reviews, I agree that signage should be more visible. The check-in process was extremely long because the computers supposedly were down. Even with that, staff did not seem to operate with a sense of urgency nor did they proactively communicate to a long line of waiting customers as to the reason why the wait was so long. The lady in front of me was told that her reservation was for the following day and that the hotel was booked even though she had an email confirmation letter indicating contrary. The sanitation score on the wall was extremely low which concerned me. Nevertheless the facilities seemed to be clean. Well that was until we woke up the morning of check out to discover a big stain on our fitted sheet. We had a late night out so we had not seen it the night before. The beds slept fine and the water pressure in the shower was nice. The morning breakfast was gross with cheap packaged sandwiches and dried out pastries. I read another review complaining about the broke down waffle maker and we too experienced the same problem. One was operational but the other had a broken timer. I brought this to staff's attention and the response was that they have been having problems with the machine. I recommended putting up signage or removing it all together but still it sat for the duration of the time that we ate causing waste amongst other customers as well. The food items were slow to be restocked. My husband mentioned that he thought that the appearance of some staff members as questionable. I agreed. Well, we enjoyed the fireworks at Tweetsie and spent the day at the park with the kids so luckily we were out and about most of the time. I had signed up for the Best Western rewards program. With this being my first Best Western stay, I'm not sure if I will stay at other facilities if this is what is to be expected.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I want to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. I have spoken with each department about these issues and I can assure you that these are now corrected. We are going to be ordering new items for our breakfast bar and are currently still trying to change the menu to better accommodate our guests. Thank you again for your review and we sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

we decided to stay for a mini vacation and it was a wonderful hotel. The breakfast was a delight and the rooms where impressive. only thing i could think of for a suggestion is a rug in front of the pool door - the tile floor was a little slipper but overall we enjoyed our stay... thanks!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your awesome review on our hotel here on Tripadvisor! We are all thrilled to hear that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Thank you for your tip on placing a rug at the pool door and I will be looking in to getting one for that area this week! Again thank you and we all look foward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were first challenged with "how" to get to the hotel. If you are not looking carefully to the narrow road beside Country Inn (neighboring hotel) you'll miss it! The hotel had some very nice landscaping with a picturesque view of some mountain-ess terrain. The front patio area was inviting with uniquely crafted rustic outdoor furniture. The lobby was a generous area very comfortable place to relax. The pool (went from 3ft-5ft) was viewable by a large glass wall so that kids could be easily monitored. When looking for the bathrooms after a long trip, you'll find them beyond the elevators. Our room was nice and the bed was comfortable. The wifi is "exactly" as other reviewers stated before, weak signal. That was somewhat frustrating. The rooms didn't have sufficient accessible electrical plugs. Breakfast was typical. If staying to eat breakfast, get your bearings of where items are located first. Everything was so spread out (4 different stations) that I almost missed all my options. If the wifi was stronger I would give this hotel a 4 and not a 3. Staff was considerate and rooms were clean. I hear that during the week days the price is good! For what I paid for a weekend rate, I wish they raise the bar on these minor things and then I would be happy. Again all in all.... Decent.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jimmy C

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel here on Tripadvisor, We love to hear from our guests and it is only through these reviews that we are able to correct any issues. We are currently working on our wifi issue and it should be corrected soon. Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit here in the High Country!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I selected a room to the back. Wonderful peace and quiet. The swimming pool is also recommended. The breakfast is outstanding. The staff extremely friendly and accommodating. No wait time at elevators. Breakfast bar was ready at 6:15 am. Beautiful lounge. Located on 431 next to Country Inn. Easy access. Not noisy. Insulation between room great. An awesome experience. For mid-week, price was $76.- Incredible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for giving our hotel such an awesome review here on TripAdvisor! We are all thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel. We work very hard to make sure each and every one of our guests enjoy their time here and always come back to visit us. Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit here to the Boone area!