All reviewswafflesroom was cleanindoor poolnice hoteljacuzzi tubwould stay here againrocking chairsfront desk stafffront porchconvenient locationking suitethe blue ridge parkwaymini fridgeone night stayapp statefireplacecereal
Reviewed 31 July 2014

One of the better Best Westerns I have stayed in. Exceptionally clean. Only complaint was the breakfast selection or lack of. I was traveling to West Jefferson for a family wedding. Had I known there was a Best Western in that town, I probably would have stayed there. But, I was very pleased. Front desk was very helpful with directions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Linda K
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review here on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you were able to enjoy your time here with us. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations on our breakfast and I can assure you that we are continuously working on the menu so that we can always make sure our guests are satisfied. We always love to have our guests recommend items that they would like to have. Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit to the High Country.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was attending a conference at ASU in Boone. The hotel is a short distance from the ASU campus, and not much further to the business district (assorted restaurants, grocery stores & WalMart). The room was large with good HDTV, small fridge, and good air, and comfortable bed.

Sort of tucked behind another motel and the entrance is not overtly obvious, and the hotel is on a hill above the main thoroughfare. It has a breakfast, but I did not look to see how good it was. I went online and found a local breakfast restaurant to visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review here on Tripadvisor for our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is always our goal to make sure that each and every one of our guests feel comfortable and enjoy their stay while visiting us. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the July 4th weekend. The staff in this hotel are very friendly, from the front lobby to housekeeping. Our room was clean, bed comfy. We had hoped the hotel was closer to downtown Boone area, but it was a little too far to walk...too many busy highways to cross, etc. Otherwise, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Natasha T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review on our hotel. We are all thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and your enjoyed your stay while here with us. We always love to hear from each of our guests and we value your feedback. Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit here to the Boone area.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Perched on a man-made cliff high above a 6-lane road, this place is hard to spot without GPS ... but the staff was helpful, and the room was great ... and it had a jacuzzi! Loved it! The included serve-yourself breakfast was quite satisfying.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Steve L

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving a review here on Tripadvisor for our hotel. We are all so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our complimentary breakfast. I am sorry that you had a hard time finding our hotel as the entrance is to the far side of the builiding, but glad that you were able to enjoy the jacuzzi in your room. Again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel goes from $80's during the week to $157 for weekends. Ripoff especially for a hotel that had serious safety problems . They should review their policies one moving their prices to such extremes for weekends when it is not special weekends or local events going on. Many people I met during breakfast felt the same way.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here on Tripadvisor about your recent stay here with us. We value your feedback and we are sorry to hear that you felt your stay was not worth the money you paid. Our weekend rates do go up from the normal weekday rates. Again thank you and if you would like to discuss your stay with me please feel free to contact me at 828/266-1100.