Quality Inn & Suites University
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Boone(Boone)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanindoor poolnice hotelrocking chairsjacuzzi tubwould stay here againfront desk staffgreat place to stayfront porchconvenient locationking suitemini fridgeapp statethe blue ridge parkwayboone areafireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Booked this hotel after checking reviews for hotels in Boone, NC on tripadvisor. Wanted a nice quiet hotel to stay in because we have a young child and didn't want a lot of loud noises keeping any of us awake. We never heard a peep the whole time we were in our hotel room which is really saying something because the hotel was fairly full due to Thomas the tank engine being at Tweetsie that week. We stayed in the jacuzzi, fireplace king suite which was very nice!!! Did notice the lack of flat screens though which most hotels have updated to by now but was not a huge deal of course. The pool was very nice!!! Only possible downside of the hotel was the fact that construction is going on directly in front of the hotel. Apparently they are widening the highway and repaving. Not sure how long this will be going on though but we never heard one single construction noise when we were inside our room. Breakfast was okay. You get what you pay for there and it is free so figure on that. If you have young children definitely take them to Tweetsie it was a lot of fun but wouldn't really recommend to anyone older than 12 though. Mystery Hill was a bit of a let down. Spoiler Alert!!!!! (the floor is slanted!!!). Outlet shopping was nice although this is a mini version of the many other outlet centers I have been. One little Boone secret to pass on, if you have children under 12 you MUST, MUST take them to the Watuga Rec playground off of State Farm Rd. It is the BEST playground ever!!!! You won't be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank wifenmommy1
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I can't review the motel itself, at least not the inside of it, since I actually did not get to stay there, in spite of having made a reservation days in advance and using a credit card to hold it. My husband and I arrived in Boone on a cold, snowy evening and were looking forward to the room we'd reserved that had a whirpool and a fireplace. When I went to the counter to check-in, I was shocked to be told that my room was not available. The reason I was given was that another couple had decided to stay over, and the motel "could not legally" make them leave, even though I already had the room reserved. I have since researched this and found there is no such law in North Carolina. I was also told that the desk clerk had tried to call me earlier to inform me of the situation, but I was not home. Obviously, since I was in North Carolina, I was not at home in Kentucky. According to my caller i.d., the phone call was not made until 4:27 pm the day of check-in. The desk clerk went on to tell me that she had arranged for me a room next door at the Country Inn. It was a similar room, but without the fireplace. Since rooms were scarce in Boone that night, and I was somewhat over a barrel, I took it. Country Inn honored the price Best Western had promised me and gave me $10 off, due to the lack of a fireplace. We went to the Country Inn, which was nice, but I was, and still am furious that this motel thinks it's acceptable to not honor reservations.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CoalTownTraveler
Reviewed 23 August 2009

During our trip to Boone, NC we decided to stay in the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza. What a mistake! We made a reservation for a non-smoking room. When we entered our room the smell of smoke hit us square in the face. A tell tale sign that a smoker was in the room was that the window was opened. Maybe the guest or the cleaning crew opened it but it didn't do any good. I am sure the cleaning crew smelled it also and should have to told the front desk so that they would not book that room. We called the front desk and asked to be moved and were told that they were all booked. We asked for a refund and was told that it it was to late in the evening. On top of that the AC was so noisy that neither of us could sleep and the mattresses felt like they were bought out of the back of a pick up truck. It's not the first time we have had a bad experience at a Best Western but it will certainly be the last. Holiday Inn Express tops them any day of the week, the rates are cheaper, the beds are better and the hotels are cleaner.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ibbrab123
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We decided to go to Boone for the weekend. The Best Western was clean and comfortable. The location was convenient to eating, nightlife, and sightseeing. Front desk was helpful and the breakfast selection was pretty good. Nothing fancy about it but it was all we needed!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingLolita
Reviewed 22 July 2009

This hotel was nice and clean. It was up the hill from the main street, so it was quiet. Check-in was fast and easy and the desk person was very pleasant. We got the room on Priceline, but were given a room with a mountain view, fireplace, and jacuzzi tub. Breakfast was okay, not great. The best part was getting all this for our Priceline price of $55/night.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple