Red Carpet Inn Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$106
Sleep Inn Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$58
SleepInn
Holiday Inn Express Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$106
Quality Inn & Suites University(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$59
QualityInn
US$80
US$84
Country Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$124
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$93
ComfortSuites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$105
Courtyard Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$171
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I really want to give this hotel a great review because I was totally appreciative that they had a room for us. It was Saturday, October 6, and apparently homecoming weekend at appalachian state so EVERYTHING was booked. We got a room with 2 double beds and it was larger than most hotels of this nature, and our rate was $100 a night.
This red carpet in was built in the sixties and as such had cool (to me) retro tiles in the bathroom and vintage fixtures.
The most uncool thing about this room is that you absolutely can't sleep in it. Apparently because of the bed bug scare of 2010, or an actual overrun of bedbugs, they have strangled their mattresses and box springs in an extremely loud clear plastic, the kind I imagine playground sand is laid over or a landscaping fabric that prohibits weed growth. Its like sleeping on one of those blue tarps that people cover their lawnmowers with. I downloaded 4 different iphone apps or rain, oceans, and assorted other crap to try to mask he sounds and sleep, to no avail.
I'm generally not too picky about hotels, especially lower priced ones, as all i require is a bed and a shower. the plastic mattress thing is beyond ridiculous though.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This Red Carpet Inn has seen better days. Once we were able to unlock the door, the first room smelled of smoke and it faced a busy street. The second room's door also was difficult to unlock. The room smelled musty; it's outdated and worn. Top bedsheet had holes in it. At least it was clean...that's why the average rating.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are definitely quieter. Avoid staying during football season.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

When you take a quick look at the room it appears to be ok, but once you check in and you try to settle in the fun really begins! You can't adjust the temp. the knobs are all missing on the ac unit. Turn down your bed, looks ok, When you lay on the bed it makes a VERY LOUD crunching sound with each move. They have encased the box spring and mattress in hard plastic because of bed bugs the sound is unbearable! Speaking of bugs be sure to wear your shoes to the bathroom or your will be attacked by ants while on the toilet. The towel rods are covered with mold, hope you don't have allergies... Don't ask the front desk for any adjustment to you bill. You should have asked to move rooms at 3:00 am in your p,j,'s you may have had even more fun in another bug infested mold filled mattress crunchy room!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, that's my best advise!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jetty5253
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Had stayed there 15-20 years ago. Ended up in Boone on a random lets get out of town trip. I saw that that allowed pets. Asked for a none pet room. And was also supposed to be non smoking. But I am a smoker. Walked and and it did not smell good at all. Looked around checked the beds for bed bug signs since it has been in the news so much. We went out to get dinner came back and I was sitting on the bed on the computer and had a bug crawl across by boob......tried to knock it off.....I had blood on my finger and my shirt from it.....I freaked out. Looked up bed bugs and looked at a picture, well that was what it was. My husband looked behind both beds and behind each one was a sticky trap. He pulled it out and there were bed bugs on it......I freaked out yet again and at 1:45 in the morning, yes today september 24th 2011 went to the office asked for my money back and got the heck out. I have never stayed at a hotel where I saw anything and was so upset. This was also a much needed get away for my birthday. Well it is now 2:40 in the morning and we have a nice room with no bed bugs. Do not stay here people. I went to the office, showed him the blood still on my finger and my shirt and he was like, ok what do you want to do.......so yes, by the traps and the way he acted, they knew it. I felt like I had bugs crawling all over me. I said thanks for the nice birthday surprise and walked the hell out.......Also before anyone tries to slam, I have pictures of the bugs and the traps and all......I took everything out of the room when we left and shook everything out on the sidewalk before we put it in our car.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay there!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shellabella1969
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We didn't book a room before we came down late Friday evening. We couldn't find a room this is all they had in the Boone area. It's not the type of motel we would normally stay at, but we needed some to stay. Once here it looks awful from outside, but the rooms are clean, larger type of rooms, micerwave, and small fridge. Amenities suck very bad, very small towels, no shampoo or body wash or nothing, there is a coffee machine but no cofffee. Also, nothing against them but there is all kinds of mexicans crawliing around and playing loud music.I think the mexican people are long term workers for the aread. Pool is aswome here, couldn't ask for a better pool

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends