“The tick motel”

Red Carpet Inn Boone
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Red Carpet Inn Boone
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Harrisburg NC
“The tick motel”
Reviewed 30 June 2008

we booked a room on line with Red Carpet inn in Boone NC. My husband and I wanted a get away, we checked in and the room smelled BAD!!!!!! The Air conditioner looked like it was found in a dumpster some where, we pulled down the blankets to see how clean and we found a dead tick in the bed. Cob webs hanging all around. Oh yes the heated pool was a joke.. There is no heated pool. We checked out!!! The pictures you see on line must be from the 1970's and it went all down hill from there.
When we told them about the smell and the tick and other things they said they did not care. So we went to the Best Western which was only 10 more dollars a night there. With no ticks in the room..

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sandydean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Norfolk, VA
Reviewed 15 May 2008

Fast check-in to room in back of front building. The place was obviously quite old, but had many qualities that I liked. The washroom had an inner section and outer area both with mirrors and counter space. The inside portion with shower had good heat and amazingly powerful water pressure. It was quiet, very good location in the city, and had a comfortable bed. I will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Liked — The water high pressure & dim lighting
  • Disliked — No internet
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Boone, NC RCI for a weekend in Oct. '07. After checking in to our $115/night room we found our nightstand filled with pretzel wrappers and chips as well as cigarette ashes. Someone was sent to clean this up after calling the desk. We continued to find garbage all over the room, mostly around the beds and frames. The nicest touch was the pot stem and butts we found on the floor. The bathroom was filthy with mold all over the ceiling and tiles. The fan did not work which told us why there was so much mold. This room was a suite. The kitchen area was disgusting. The stove burners were black with dirt and the cabinets looked like they had not been cleaned in months. The room had zero water pressure and the only way the toilet would flush was if you held the handle down while flushing. My wife and I travel quite a bit, and we will forever after drive past every Red Carpet Inn sign we see.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank onceisenough

Travellers are raving about these Boone hotels

Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 3 March 2007

this hotel is ok as long as you stay on the side closest to the office and the main road...the back side is pretty bad and usually has long term workers stayin there who trash the rooms. they allow pets which is why i stayed there. i think they own the scottish inn next door as well though and that place is TERRIBLE. if they are full they might send you over there so watch out. its hard to find a place in Boone that allows pets! IN Linville I really liked the Pixie Inn...In Banner Elk there is the place that used to be HOliday Inn...
Red Carpet Inn OK if you really cant find anyplace else..but it depends on the room...ask to see the room....the nicest one is the one right next door to the office that is a suite.

Stayed August 2006
6 Thank casi99
Elberta, AL
Reviewed 24 February 2007

I stayed at the Red Carpet Inn in Boone, NC in January of this year. The room was very clean and nice. I enjoyed my stay very much. I was so pleased with the cleanliness of the room I had to let the desk clerk know how good it was. I was also pleased to see that they have hairdryers now. I had stayed with them before and they did not have them then.

• Liked — the cleanliness
  • Disliked — location next to highway but most motels in Boone are this way
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank ccctischoolgirl
cincinnati oh
Reviewed 15 January 2007

My wife and I were heading through Boone on a motorcycle trip with another couple. We selected the Red Carpet Inn partially due to its location within walking distance of a couple of restaurants.
The kid working at the front desk didn't have a clue and was no help in selecting a room or negotiating a price at the nearly-empty motel. We decided to stay despite the less-than-desirable encounter at the office.
Upon entering our room, we were pretty certain we had made a mistake. The place was outdated and pretty crappy. It was not terribly dirty, but it left plenty to be desired. Everything was old and the room was musty. The bathroom and AC were functional, but not first rate.
We sat out in front of the rooms for an hour or so socializing and downing a few adult beverages. There was some hanky-panky going on in the parking lot in one of the cars parked there. We theorized we might have been witnessing some illegal activity. It was mildly entertaining but further confirmed that we had made a mistake in staying here.
We would not recommend this motel to ANYONE.

• Stayed September 2005, travelled with friends
5 Thank wheatman31
Durham, NC
Reviewed 31 October 2006

October 20-2006.
I viewed the travelcity.com 1wk before 10-20-06 to get an estimate of how much the rooms would be in Boone, NC. I had planned a trip for my husband and I 3rd wedding anniversary to go to Blowing Rock. I search the internet and viewed Travelcity.com The travelcity.com price for the rooms were $69.99. I tried to booked on line and was unable, so I called the motel. I spoke with Peter. I asked Peter about the price and he stated that because of the leaves changing the price would be higher.
but it would not be too much higher that the price quoted on the internet. ($69.99) I shared with him that I would be coming in Friday night and checking out Sunday morning.
My husband and I arrived 10-20@11:45pm. He confirmed the reservation and asked for my card. My husband and I was very tired and traveling from Durham, NC, we went immediately to our room. Room 401. We woked up about 3am and discovered that it was very cold in the room. My husband is an Electrician. He checked the temperature. The temperature registered 0. We were very tired, we took the cover off of the other bed and went back to sleep. We awoke again and called the office @0900. The lady receptionist attempted to tell us how to turn the register up. I shared with her that the temp control was not working, we need someone to come and check the register and temperature. Twenty minutes later she knocked on our door, handed me a small heater and walked away. She did not apologize for the inconvenience or nothing. Because it was very cold in the room, my husband and I left the room and went to eat breakfast and returned back to the INN@ 150pm. I immediately went to the room and it was still cold as ice. I shared with her that I could not sleep in that room another night and we needed to checked out. I asked her for a discount because of the fact we slept in a cold room all night. Really I shared with her that we should not have to pay at all because of the no heat. She called her manager and he stated,"he could only give us a 10% discount and would not charge us for that day eventhough we should have checked out at 11am."
This was a very unpleasant visit to Boone, NC and for us to have to pay to sleep in a cold room is inhumane. Terminal ID# was 62512082.
[--]
I will never stay at a Red Carpet INN.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the room service and custoemr service
  • Tips/Secrets — none