Red Carpet Inn Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$106
Sleep Inn Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$58
SleepInn
Holiday Inn Express Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$106
Quality Inn & Suites University(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$59
QualityInn
US$80
US$84
Country Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$124
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$93
ComfortSuites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$104
Courtyard Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$171
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2007

I stayed at the Red Carpet Inn in Boone, NC in January of this year. The room was very clean and nice. I enjoyed my stay very much. I was so pleased with the cleanliness of the room I had to let the desk clerk know how good it was. I was also pleased to see that they have hairdryers now. I had stayed with them before and they did not have them then.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ccctischoolgirl
Reviewed 15 January 2007

My wife and I were heading through Boone on a motorcycle trip with another couple. We selected the Red Carpet Inn partially due to its location within walking distance of a couple of restaurants.
The kid working at the front desk didn't have a clue and was no help in selecting a room or negotiating a price at the nearly-empty motel. We decided to stay despite the less-than-desirable encounter at the office.
Upon entering our room, we were pretty certain we had made a mistake. The place was outdated and pretty crappy. It was not terribly dirty, but it left plenty to be desired. Everything was old and the room was musty. The bathroom and AC were functional, but not first rate.
We sat out in front of the rooms for an hour or so socializing and downing a few adult beverages. There was some hanky-panky going on in the parking lot in one of the cars parked there. We theorized we might have been witnessing some illegal activity. It was mildly entertaining but further confirmed that we had made a mistake in staying here.
We would not recommend this motel to ANYONE.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled with friends
5  Thank wheatman31
Reviewed 31 October 2006

October 20-2006.
I viewed the travelcity.com 1wk before 10-20-06 to get an estimate of how much the rooms would be in Boone, NC. I had planned a trip for my husband and I 3rd wedding anniversary to go to Blowing Rock. I search the internet and viewed Travelcity.com The travelcity.com price for the rooms were $69.99. I tried to booked on line and was unable, so I called the motel. I spoke with Peter. I asked Peter about the price and he stated that because of the leaves changing the price would be higher.
but it would not be too much higher that the price quoted on the internet. ($69.99) I shared with him that I would be coming in Friday night and checking out Sunday morning.
My husband and I arrived 10-20@11:45pm. He confirmed the reservation and asked for my card. My husband and I was very tired and traveling from Durham, NC, we went immediately to our room. Room 401. We woked up about 3am and discovered that it was very cold in the room. My husband is an Electrician. He checked the temperature. The temperature registered 0. We were very tired, we took the cover off of the other bed and went back to sleep. We awoke again and called the office @0900. The lady receptionist attempted to tell us how to turn the register up. I shared with her that the temp control was not working, we need someone to come and check the register and temperature. Twenty minutes later she knocked on our door, handed me a small heater and walked away. She did not apologize for the inconvenience or nothing. Because it was very cold in the room, my husband and I left the room and went to eat breakfast and returned back to the INN@ 150pm. I immediately went to the room and it was still cold as ice. I shared with her that I could not sleep in that room another night and we needed to checked out. I asked her for a discount because of the fact we slept in a cold room all night. Really I shared with her that we should not have to pay at all because of the no heat. She called her manager and he stated,"he could only give us a 10% discount and would not charge us for that day eventhough we should have checked out at 11am."
This was a very unpleasant visit to Boone, NC and for us to have to pay to sleep in a cold room is inhumane. Terminal ID# was 62512082.
[--]
I will never stay at a Red Carpet INN.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank JoyceTylerSikes
Reviewed 27 February 2006

This place was the cheapest I could find this past weekend - $98 a night! Very old, leaky faucets, dingy carpet. Not the worst, but certainly not worth the price.

Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank carolinawoman
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 15 February 2006

This is the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. The good news is that there were no bugs, but there was also no heat or quiet. Our room was very cold the entire one night we stayed and banging pipes kept waking us up. It was like something out of a Chevy Chase movie. We checked out and went to another hotel in the area that was much, much nicer for the same price. I would not stay again.

• Stayed: January 2006