All reviews starbucks coffee fire pit front desk newer hotel walk in shower beautiful hotel stayed here for one night king bed hot tub breakfast sandwich complimentary breakfast appalachian state college town grandfather mountain a wonderful stay blowing rock would stay here again
Reviewed 25 March 2012

my daughter and i went up to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. there was a lot of constuction going on at the time in the lot next to the hotel and we got got the room at the end of the hotel on that side but because we got there late and we left early we didn't hear a thing. it had a beautiful lobby and a nice little breakfast area. The pool was nice from what i could see as well. we had a jacuzzi room for a lot cheaper than i would have guessed and the bed was comfortable with the exception of my daughter kicking me in the side. but i digress, it was a lovely hotel and when i am in Boone again that is where i'll stay.

Room Tip: the back side you see the side of a hill but there are rocking chairs to enjoy coffee, the front you have a beautiful view of the "montains"
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Clean, new, contemporary... What more could one ask for!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Just opened in January 2012 so the amenities are crisp and clean.
Great location for getting to downtown and outside the city with ease.
Rooms are fresh and modern.
Pool was a bit small but for a quick dip at the end of the day - perfect.
Food was ok - still working the kinks out in terms of speed but overall fine for a hotel.
We went in winter so it was perfect for ski - homebase.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Beautifully appointed rooms. Hotel lobby is very warm and inviting. You could stay on the back side. It will be a little less noisy although not much of a view. I stayed on the front side but the traffic never bothered me at all. Gym is really good.

Room Tip: Higher floor, less noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here for one night and overall it is a very nice hotel. All new hotel in a great location. The room was a nice size and had nice furnishings. Negatives: I could hear every word of the kids In the next room through the bathroom vent. I was also woken up by a loud couple around midnight. I think they should have insulated the walls more. The entry of the room was a bit dark but otherwise good.

• Stayed: February 2012