“Pleasant Stay with Great Pricing”
Review of Courtyard Boone

Courtyard Boone
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pleasant Stay with Great Pricing”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My recent stay at the Courtyard in Boone was very pleasant-- I have so few complaints that I am straining my brain to remember any issues at all. The room was large-- very nice sized, actually!--and superbly clean. Even the shower felt somehow a bit luxurious. My few interactions with the staff were cordial and prompt, and the location was well-suited to my needs. My only complaint is that there weren't more on-site options available at breakfast. It seems that the Starbucks in the lobby was sold out of almost everything on the menu. But this is hardly enough to criticize-- the stay overall was so lovely.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Courtyard for two days on a business trip. All of the staff I met were very friendly and helpful. Clean comfortable room. This is a newer property. Will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Boone.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LC_968
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 November 2013

While on vacation we recently spent one night of a planned two night stay at this hotel. Our check-in was easy and we were given an upper floor room on the back of the property as I had read to request. Our room had a king bed with a sofa bed but once we brought up our 3 rolling suitcases and a few items purchased at the outlets earlier on vacation the room seemed minuscule. The room seemed new though and we liked the small refrigerator and wardrobe. Our biggest problems were probably with the bathroom. There was a fan but it didn't work. And though the shower was somewhat ample-sized overall the advertised shower bench is nowhere large enough for any adult to sit on disappointing my husband. We have spent many nights in hotels over the years but the toilet height in this room was so low it required using the half-wall for assistance in getting up from the toilet.

We decided to visit Grandfather Mountain the next morning as planned but then to head on home not wanting to spend one more night in this room. And don't forget the access to turn into the hotel is difficult, even on a quiet evening due to the location. I gave this hotel a 3 but it really only deserves a 2+.

Room Tip: Definitely request a higher floor on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rewardgal
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were traveling down The Blue Ridge Parkway in October of this year and had stayed the first night in Roanoke, Va. We made it to Boone, NC on the second day. I had selected this place, again, after looking at reviews on TripAdvisor and it received high marks. So we chose this hotel and it met our expectations for a one night stay, with my wife. The front desk personnel were friendly and informative; I asked for a first floor room and they were very accommodating. The room was very large and inviting. It was clean and comfortable with a small refrigerator and microwave. We did not use the microwave but took advantage of the small refrig. as we were traveling with stuff in our ice chest. There were many places to stay in Boone as it seems to be a jumpoff point for exploring The Parkway and is close to Grandfather Mountain and Mount Mitchell. We enjoyed this Courtyard very much. I should add that when I booked this place in the late winter, there was a two night minimum for a Friday/Saturday stay, but the man I talked to said we could get a room for Friday night only, which I thought was very accommodating. I do not remember if he was at the hotel or at a central reservation system but I appreciated his consideration very much. The restaurant was a limited place with a few selections; but my wife had a nice pizza and I enjoyed a burger.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yellowstone1
Taylors, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2013

One of the better places to stay in Boone. Prices can vary a fair amount depending on events at the near by college, so keep that in mind. We were going to come a day earlier, but the rate was nearly $100 higher for the early day due to a game.

Bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Several good local restaurant choices fairly close. Check out Trip Advisor recommendations for some good ones, we've tried several and liked them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dawsonville, GA
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff is top notch. Housekeeping needs help! As I write this a very nice young man is putting clean linens on our bed since a wad of black hair (obviously not ours) was found between the pillows. Hotel is lovely but i am a bit neurotic about cleanliness. Did not live up to expectations.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Jillngad
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a very nice, newer Marriott. The hotel public areas are very nicely decorated. There is a terrific beverage and food bar in the lobby. They have really cool little booths with their own flatscreen tv's. This was a terrific place to sit in the morning and have one of their nice breakfast offerings.

The guest rooms are large, very nicely decorated and clean. The bathrooms are also very nice, with a nice surprise that the shower had a built in seat. I've never seen that in a hotel tub-shower. More than adequate lighting. As with a lot of hotels, inadequate air conditioning that just doesn't function well. I think they put thermostats in just to make you think you can control the temperature. I like the room cool at night, and no matter what temperature I put the thermostat on, it did not make a difference. And the windows did not open enough to make any difference. What is it with hotels not having windows that open? Do we all have to pay for the fact that they are afraid of parents not doing their job and watching their kids? It annoys me that you can't open a window and get nice fresh mountain air!

The beds are a 3 out of 5 for me. I have a pretty high end mattress, so no hotel mattress has ever compared (except in the Penthouse Suite of the Bellagio). The pillows too are a 3 out of 5. I always take a second set of my own.

Room tip: The front of the hotel faces a very busy road. Ask for a backside room - very quiet.

The staff was all very kind, helpful and courteous. I will stay here again whenever I am in the Boone area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family