“If you're staying in a kabin here, you'd better bring a fan!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boone
Boone KOA Campground
Indianapolis, Indiana
“If you're staying in a kabin here, you'd better bring a fan!”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My review is only on the kabins and bathroom/shower facilities. You must first understand that I don't stay @ KOA for the activities, the pool, or the "camping" experience. I stay in KOA kabins, when I travel, because it's an economical alternative to over-priced hotels. I've been renting KOA kabins for many years, and have never been disappointed in any KOA, until my recent stay here. The Boone KOA kabins do not have air conditioning nor do they have ceiling fans. This is not mentioned in their kabin description. The kabin was miserably hot and never seemed to cool down, even at night. It made sleeping difficult. I had to go to the local WalMart and buy a fan. I noticed that I wasn't the only one. With the hot summer we've had, I would have never stayed here had I known. There were only 3 shower stalls available; totally inadequate for this large campground. The distance from my kabin to the shower facility equalled the length of a normal city block. The only other item that I've never experienced at another KOA, was that I was responsible for taking my own trash to the dumpster. At every other KOA I've stayed at, it's picked up for you, if you set it in front of your kabin in the morning. My overall impression of this KOA, is that the owner(s) are more interested in profits than adding amenities that will increase guest comfort; i.e., cooler kabins, more shower facilities.

Room Tip: I would only stay here in the spring or the fall. I will never stay here during the summer again.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank trippermama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was pleased with this campground overall. Only complaint, not a real good WiFi signal. Other than that, very nice campground.

• Stayed July 2012
Lenoir
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife, two sons ages 18 and 15, and I stayed here July 3-5, 2012, in a Kamper Kabin. The Kabin was clean, although they were close together, which is common in commercial campgrounds. Dogs are allowed, and there were many. Being dog people ourselves, we didn't mind.

On Independence Day, the campground hosted a hot dog supper, which was great. The staff was very friendly, and we hope to go back again.

Tip: Don't leave your garbage out. I went to the bathhouse in the middle of the first night, and returned to find a skunk nosing around in the garbage bag we left on the porch. I kept my distance until the critter left, then disposed of the bag.

I can't really think of any drawbacks, except for the skunk, but that was our fault for leaving the garbage outside. The facilities are a little dated, but we didn't spend a lot of time at the campground.

The Kabins are close to the main road, but it is a dead end road and very quiet.

Room Tip: The Kabins at the lower end are more shady.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Well, resort might be a little bit of a stretch, but I have tent camped there for four or five consecutive years with my young son. The first year I was devastated that he wasn't THAT interested in the tourist activities I had planned out in the area (fishing, mining, hiking, horsewusia back riding and loads more), all he wanted to do was hang out at the KOA. Hmm, I thought, mini golf for a dollar a day for as many games as you can stand, clean pool, playground, goats, chickens, and did I mention the pool. Don't think that the mini golf is fancy, it is old and well used, but it is perfectly functional and fun producing for a kid. Oh, and when it rains, there is table tennis and loads of board games and some books to entertain you. One of the other posts complained about the location of the tent sites but I have found them fine at bed time all but one time when there was a noise group in the next site to ours. Moved into a cabin the next night. Love this place, for me and my family it is a super relaxing camp ground... I have learned to love my sons enthusiasm for our luxury vacations. I also agree with him now, I feel relaxed and refreshed at the end of our trips there

Room Tip: Tent sites with shelter are desirable in summer with showers... Sites are plenty big enough
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank raezveyz
Utica, Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We totally enjoyed our stay here, Lynne, Garry, Joann and all the staff (and the seasonal residents} are very friendly, helpful and just fun to visit with. We have a small camper on our truck, we stayed for stayed for a week, took several day trips and always looked forward to coming back to our site. The weather was great and so was the weekend entertainment.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BOBnSUE2120
charlotte
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I looked for several campgrounds that were close Grandfather Mountain and other tourist attractions in the Boone, NC area. After reading several reviews about this KOA I decided to book and I found them to be accurate once we arrived. We booked the two bedroom Kamping Kabin which had a one full size bed in the front room and two bunkbeds in the back room. The campground was well maintained with friendly staff. I thought this KOA is especially great for families with children because children are able to feed goats/donkeys, swim in the pool, play games in the gameroom, or watch TV. I would stay here again!

PS We enjoyed listening to the bluegrass music at the camp site.

Room Tip: If you book the one room Kamping Kabin, ask for one with a swing and away from the street light loca...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank educator26
Curacao
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at this campground the very first day of our very first RV experience. At arrival we had no idea what to expect an no idea how to hook up our rental RV.
No problem! There was Gary, our friendly helper. He showed us how to hook up, gave some advise and tought my daughter how to make the best SMOORS at the fire place that night.
Boone is a nice place to stay. Relaxing, healty stores and lots to do like tubing, hiking, etc.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family