Boone KOA Campground
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Boone
See available hotels
Courtyard Boone(Boone)
View Hotel
All reviewstent sitescamp storefoot travel trailercamping experiencefire ringstaff was very friendlygoatscamperschevycabinmountainshookupscleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2009

My boyfriend and I were signed up to do a run in Valle Crucis, NC, and thought that the KOA would make for a cheap night's lodging the evening before the race. The staff was quite friendly upon check-in, so no complaints there. But, we quickly noticed that the tent sites were right up front, by the road and next to the check-in building—and knew that would be a problem.

We were probably in bed by 9:30 or so, trying to get a good nights rest before our run. Unfortunately, that was impossible! We quickly dubbed the location "Grand Central Station" and "The Walmart of KOAs" due to the sheer volume of traffic coming into the camp, very late. Literally, every 10 minutes, another RV was rolling in... right beside us. And if there was supposed to be a quiet time, it was never enforced. There was loud music playing well into the night, and children running rampant very late.

To top it off, my morning shower was far from the advertised "hot shower". At best it was less than luke warm.

The location was great, and the staff was quite friendly. But the tent sites are simply in the worst possible location. So I would never recommend camping there in a tent!

Stayed: September 2009
3  Thank lambie3
Reviewed 19 July 2009

Park has many trees with low hanging limbs, short pull thrus, roads that are rough, uneven and on steep grades. The park appears old and in need of improvements. It may be fine for tents, kabin campers, & smaller RVs but it is not suited for big rigs. We checked in and were given the number of our parking space. Nobody showed us to the space and helped us park our 35ft fifth wheel. Consequently, as we were trying to avoid hitting anything on either side of the RV, we ended up backing into a low hanging limb, causing damage to our roof. After talking with several of our fellow campers who had had similar problems getting parked, we all agreed that this would be our last trip to Boone KOA.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ramrider
Reviewed 17 June 2009

This is a great campground for families. We took our 3 small grandchildren. There is a playground and pool. We went Memorial day weekend and the campground was full. Everything was kept very clean. I never went in the bathhouse and found it dirty. I would recommend this campground.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank sherryd1000
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Spent a few days in a kamiping kabin and as usual we had a great time. The staff is awesome there. It is safe and clean. Enjoyed it very much. We stay every year when we go to tweetsie. Will continue to do so.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2008

This campground is definitely one of the cleanest my wife and I have stayed in. We occupied one of the cabins. Our smoke detector had a weak battery when we arrived. I reported it and the battery was replaced almost before I got back to the cabin. The management/employees were friendly and never lost their smiles. The entertainment was a blue grass band that had a wonderful show with loads of laughs. The location is in the country but only 10 minutes from downtown Boone. I plan on going back next year during the PAY FOR ONE/GET ONE NIGHT FREE to benefit CANCER RESEARCH.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sandlizzard