“Still great...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Local Lion
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Boone
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://mountaintimes.com/columns-eat-beat/articles/Local-Lion-A-Donut-Shop-for-Boone-id-022810
North Carolina
“Still great...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was in Local Lion several years ago and after thoroughly enjoying coffee and a doughnut, I wrote a review. I went back again a few days ago and everything was like I remember. This is the kind of coffee shop I wish I had in my own town. Not fancy...but relaxed and pleasant. There were 8 or 9 customers sitting at tables talking, reading the paper or on their laptops...perfect place for that. Coffee was rich and delicious...exactly what I needed that morning. I saw a good selection of tea and the doughnuts once again looked delicious although this time I didn't get one so I can't comment. Posters were hung up announcing live music at certain times although there was no live music during my visit. I see other reviews complaining about the prices...I have to wonder if these reviewers have ever been in a coffee shop before. Local Lion's prices are completely in line with what you expect to pay at a place like this...not more, not less, no surprises. This is a nice place with ownership that obviously knows what customers are looking for. I am happy to recommend Local Lion!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank NCLindaB

Morganton, North Carolina
“Prices off the wall”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I came here with my friend who meets there every week to do homeschooling, she was so excited for me to try it!
I got a small cookies and cream frappe, figuring it wouldn't cost too much because this is a small business, it was $4!
The prices weren't even on the board!!!!
I won't be returning.

Kernersville, NC
“Disappointing Donuts”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stopped by on a recent spring break trip for our first visit. It was not very impressive. It was late afternoon/evening, so maybe that affected things. There were very few donuts to choose from, but we selected 6 to take back to our hotel. It was almost $9 for 6 donuts, which seemed a bit expensive. We chose the chocolate espresso iced, plain glazed, orange, and maple glazed. The best was the orange glazed, but overall, the donuts were very heavy and cake-like. We prefer the lighter, yeast donut varieties, and our children (who love Krispy Kreme) stated that they did not like them. We wouldn't go back for donuts, but based on other reviews and the great smell, we might try the coffee.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped in during our vacation.. What a treat! The donuts were awesome and super fresh. The coffee was excellent. Def worth stopping in, wish I was a local because I would go back all the time.

1 Thank Jim D
Sarasota, Florida
“Great coffee.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Found local lion while traveling through Boone. Stopped by around 11 am had donuts, coffee and hot chocolate. Everything was very good including the service. The prices are on par with any good coffee house. Will be back.

1 Thank ozzyd