“Very pleasant...but plan your restroom visit beforehand!”
Review of The Greenway Trail

The Greenway Trail
Ranked #8 of 46 things to do in Boone
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I walked the rural part of the trail on a Sat morning. We arrived around 10:30 AM and began our walk at the end of the greenway near the wastewater treatment plant. (Yes, it's stinky, but only for a brief while.) There was a port-a-john at the trailhead, but there are no other restroom facilities until you get to Clawson-Burnley Park. We actually used the facilities at the swim complex across from the park, so this is an option as well. There were port-a-johns along the greenway as you approach the park, but why use those if you can go into the swim complex? The trail was fairly crowded on a Sat morning; perhaps it would be less so during the week. As others have noted, cyclists ride quite fast, so you have to watch out. This is not a loop trail, so you turn around and go back the way you came. I highly recommend the more rural part of the trail. It was very pleasant, with both sunny and shady areas, numerous benches and picnic tables.

2  Thank she23

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Most of my visits to Boone are in the fall and winter so I've just recently discovered The Greenway Trail. Had my dog with me and we thoroughly enjoyed our 3 mile walk along the trail. Saw a covered bridge, scenic vistas, deer and lily pads. We'll definitely be back!

3  Thank lisavg
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A flat trail, with areas among the pine trees. There were a ton of birds to hear and see. Plants around the renewed ponds were blooming, and I will look for water birds next time. A Boone treasure!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stopped here on a quick trip through Boone. Easy to find, lots of parking, and beautifully maintained. We had great weather and rode our bikes on the trails for about 45 minutes. Flat, easy ride. We saw a few people wading in the water or floating down the creek. There are a few stops along the trail with picnic tables and benches. Several small bridges to walk/ride over. Worth the visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very pretty trail that has paved and dirt options. Due to the current construction, there is no loop to bring you back to where you started, so you will just have to turn back the way you came. Be prepared to double your stroll! :)

5  Thank BrittSprink