“Gourmet, community dining”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Chef Renee offers the most healthy, creative meals. Volunteers and the opportunity to volunteer and gather with community makes each visit memorable.

1  Thank Evelyn A

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This was my first time at a volunteer-run restaurant, and my husband and I were very impressed! The food was fantastic and all the volunteers were helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was bright, clean, and positive. I had a grilled vegetarian panini with veggie- packed pasta salad and curried black beans and rice. Definitely recommended! Just remember that it's a lunch place, so you have to come before they close at 2:00pm.

3  Thank kayjeckel
Reviewed 5 July 2013

If you want to see a place where a business is serving its community this is the place to go. My friends and I found this place by walking down the street. It was an unexpected stop. Little did we know we were in for a big surprise. This place is so unique in that they have suggested prices for each plate size of food (large, medium, and small). They let their customers choose what they can afford. As a result, some people will pay more for the food while others who cannot afford it pay less. If someone cannot offer any money they still can eat and then work for an hour to make up for their food. They also have tokens that people can buy. These tokens are so valuable, because it allows someone who cannot afford to eat ,still eat because someone was nice enough to buy a ten dollar token "paying it forward". One of my friends bought a token so someone could a free dinner who would not be able to afford it. She paid it forward which is the cafe's motto. Most of the people who work there are volunteers, there are only three paid staff members. If one feels like this is a cruel selfish world we live in stop at this cafe to be reminded that there are genuine good people out there.

5  Thank JamilaAbril
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I went there for the first time this week and we were very impressed. The menu changes according to what comes in from local farms, I believe. We had coconut curry chicken, rice with lentils, asparagus mushroom soup, baba ganoush, hummus, chocolate chip scone and ice tea. Donations are based on the size of the plate. Our medium plates had a suggested price of $8 each. It was well worth the $10 I paid. No sales tax!
It is not fine dining, but it is a great place to stop for a healthy and tasty lunch.

2  Thank tomg2011
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We walked out and my lunch date said, "Wow. We ate well AND did good." The FARM (Feed All Regardless of Means) Cafe is a great stop for lunch. You pay according to the size of the plate and your means. It's a single menu, but it had variety, and your meal includes a beverage. We had true comfort food - basil tomato soup and grilled cheese. It's no frills, but the staff is welcoming and the meal is hearty. There are additional opportunities to sign up to volunteer (if you're in Boone a while) or to give donations towards specific items that keep the restaurant operating. Community members and local agriculture keep the place going. We were delighted to find a similar restaurant operating "back home" in Massachusetts.

2  Thank WanderingTwo