“Good Food, Good Cause, Good People”
Review of Farm Cafe

Farm Cafe
Ranked #10 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 2 November 2013

What a concept this place is. FARM stands for Feeding All Regardless of Means. When you enter, a volunteer explains that you pay by the plate - small or large. Reasonable prices are suggested, but you may give according to your means. If you cannot pay, you may volunteer in the restaurant. The meals are prepared homestyle and usually have wonderful fresh ingredients from area farmers. There are at least 2 if not more entrees to choose from. All the food we had tasted wonderful. In fact, I was so moved by the mission of this place I chose to volunteer in the week following our visit. Great concept. I saw many people who could afford it, many who could not all eating together. I love this place!

8  Thank CJFergi

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had read about FARM Cafe on tripadvisor and also researched their web site so I thought I knew what to expect. As my husband and I stood in front of the volunteer restaurant we were greeted with the most wonderful aromas. There was a gentlemen leaving FARM and he stopped to tell us this was the best food in Boone. After we entered we were greeted by a volunteer that explained how it worked and then the food experience began. There was a pumpkin cream soup, delicious fish, black beans, herb potatoes,marinated mushrooms, garden salad with a delicious homemade dressing and a cookie for dessert. The food was delicious and everyone there was very gracious. I might add that I returned for more of the pumpkin cream soup because it was so delicious (I donated extra). Give it a try. Its good to see a community pulling together for the good of it's people and the wonderful food is an added extra.

6  Thank Jennifer and Ke... W
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Chef Renee offers the most healthy, creative meals. Volunteers and the opportunity to volunteer and gather with community makes each visit memorable.

1  Thank Evelyn A
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This was my first time at a volunteer-run restaurant, and my husband and I were very impressed! The food was fantastic and all the volunteers were helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was bright, clean, and positive. I had a grilled vegetarian panini with veggie- packed pasta salad and curried black beans and rice. Definitely recommended! Just remember that it's a lunch place, so you have to come before they close at 2:00pm.

3  Thank kayjeckel
Reviewed 5 July 2013

If you want to see a place where a business is serving its community this is the place to go. My friends and I found this place by walking down the street. It was an unexpected stop. Little did we know we were in for a big surprise. This place is so unique in that they have suggested prices for each plate size of food (large, medium, and small). They let their customers choose what they can afford. As a result, some people will pay more for the food while others who cannot afford it pay less. If someone cannot offer any money they still can eat and then work for an hour to make up for their food. They also have tokens that people can buy. These tokens are so valuable, because it allows someone who cannot afford to eat ,still eat because someone was nice enough to buy a ten dollar token "paying it forward". One of my friends bought a token so someone could a free dinner who would not be able to afford it. She paid it forward which is the cafe's motto. Most of the people who work there are volunteers, there are only three paid staff members. If one feels like this is a cruel selfish world we live in stop at this cafe to be reminded that there are genuine good people out there.

5  Thank JamilaAbril