“Amazing Place!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Boone B&B and Inns
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Amazing Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is one of the most relaxing and beautiful environments I have ever been in. The staff is extremely accommodating and the views from the hotel windows spectacular! The wi-fi works great and did not have to re-enter my password more than once. They also have ice machines! I loved the mountain breeze and the open windows. The food was the best I have ever had and completely affordable. The weekend left me feeling wholly rejuvenated. I did not want to leave and I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: There are 'wooded' views or mountain views. I prefer the mountain views but that is a person...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lareine R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
jtgonzo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife and I were looking for a quiet retreat in the mountains and Blue Heaven was perfect. We didn't try any of the spa services this time, but our room on the second floor was clean and comfortable, with a wonderful view over the mountains. The rooms aren't air conditioned, so it might be a bit warm on a midsummer day, but the air cools at night and the ceiling fan provides good circulation. We also enjoyed some good vegetarian meals at the community dining hall for just $10 each. You are only about 10 minutes from the Blue Ridge parkway, and 20 minutes from great walking trails at Moses Cone and Julian Price parks. I'm sure we will be back.

One caution--follow their driving directions and don't rely on your GPS. One route up the mountain is gated off, which may surprise your GPS.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jtgonzo
Yadkinville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

This place does not have AC and we were told with fan we wouldnt need any,also no ice machines or vending and Wi-fi you have to put password and ID user in each time. Nice room but would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy S
Andrew K, Public Relations Manager at Shankara Ayurveda Spa, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Your feedback is important. We have added an ice machine for guests as well as solved the wifi issue so that repeatedly logging in is not necessary. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Besides the most beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the staff were most hospitable. I had two services that left me feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and wanting more. I would have booked another service if it weren't so busy durning the week long retreat I was participating in the Art of Living Center in which it's located. Pure Bliss

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephanie A
Saint Petersburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have been to the Blue Heaven Spa on two occations this past six months. Both times the experience was just what I needed. Outstanding combination of Eastern and Western massage just as requested. The therapists have a unique combination of skills I have not experienced in any spa previously. Blue Heaven Spa has blended the best of both worlds-attention to the body from a unique blend of traditions. I left both times feeling relaxed, energized, at peace. The views are magnificent - what a great location!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LoriShrinerMD
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

My mother and I stayed here during the Fourth of July. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The massages we received their were right on point. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The scenery nearby the resort was absolutely beautiful. It had a very nice peaceful vibe to the location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Blue Heaven Resort & Spa last weekend. The staff is amazing they worked endlessly to make sure our women's group was taken care of. The property was immaculate, the views from your room are breathtaking, and the peace and stillness of the atmosphere was serene. I cant wait to go back!

Special shout out to all the staff- You Guys Rock on the Rock!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kemeshia w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
Courtyard Boone
#5 of 15 in Blowing Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone

Been to Shankara Ayurveda Spa? Share your experiences!