“GREAT TIME & GREAT COMPANY” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wahoo's Adventures
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Boone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS! "2 Time Outfitter of the Year", 5 Time TripAdvisor "Peoples Choice Award". Now celebrating our 38th anniversary. Award winning service, with the highest quality outdoor adventures in the region, at the GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES! Fantastic full service Outposts, located on or by the areas best rivers. Providing the ultimate in convenience with riverside parking, hot showers, store, catered meals(basic to gourmet), camping, treehouse cabins, and so much more. NO LONG BUS RIDES! We have adventures for the smallest of children "MILD", up to "WILD" World Class Extreme Rafting adventures. Our Guides are known as some of the "Finest Seasoned Outdoor Professionals", you will find in the World today. Many have been running rivers for over 10+ yrs, honing skills on rivers Worldwide and then sharing their skills with our younger Guides and YOU our GUEST to offer an amazing experience! Go with the PROS at WAHOOS, You will WITNESS and EXPERIENCE the DIFFERENCE!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
US
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT TIME & GREAT COMPANY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I and my friends were had a great time in Boone when we joined in outdoor activities such as kayaking with Wahoo's adventure. That was the first time I come to Boone and my friends asked me to hang out. And we choose Wahoo cuz they have amazing activities: rafting, kayaking, tubing.
The staffs there are informative and really helpful. They instructed us very carefully and always made sure everything is perfect. I highly recommend you guys this company! Thanks WAHOO :)

1 Thank nganht93

Boone, North Carolina
“Best rafting experience !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Last time doing tubing with wahoos was an incredible experience! This time was a breathtaking experience. I went rafting with my friends to see if rafting is much more fun than tubing. Spoke with Jeff(owner) and Lilly at the office. They were so nice and friendly. I felt like they treated as more than just for money. They wanted us to have a great time there. Once we arrived at the river, Patrick, the guide, was very clear on providing the information that we need. We also got a great lunch provided there. We would definitely come back again! Thanks, Wahoo's Adventures!

Cary, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a great time tubing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I bought a Living Social deal for tubing on the New River, and we wanted to use it for our anniversary (May 29), but we were worried it would be too cold. Went anyway and had a blast. Weather was warm (upper 70s), and Jeffrey, the guide who met us at the New River outpost, was friendly and knowledgeable. He gave us tubes with bottoms so we were protected from the somewhat cold water and took us on our way. We had a great float down the gentle river, and Jeffrey even recommended some great lunch spots for us back in Boone. We definitely want to do it again. Thanks for a great anniversary adventure!

1 Thank kknowland
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Did the Wilson creek trip yesterday and if the water was running at good levels this would have been a great trip!. The guides were great but I would have never spent the money if I would have known the water was so low. I called the owner before I came and he assured me the water levels were not a problem, unfortunately that was not true. Spent a lot of money on a subpar trip because of water levels! I will be using the following link to check levels of rivers before I make that expensive mistake again! http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/1146/

7 Thank Johnb97531
jeffstanley, Public Relations Manager at Wahoo's Adventures, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
No GOOD DEED Goes Unpunished (Viewers - please read this!)
Dear Mr. JohnB97531, Wahoo's is VERY surprised by your negative review. We are sorry that you felt that your trip was worthy of a 1 bubble review. Your complaint was about the water level -- not our guides, not our equipment, not the entertainment, not the buffet lunch or any of the other services that Wahoo’s can control. Wahoo’s would like to acknowledge some statements within your review “Spent a lot of money on a subpar trip because of water levels! ... I would have never spent the money...” -- now we would like to share Wahoo’s side of the story.
You were invited to join this trip with a OUT-of-DATE Livingsocial! You purchased your voucher well over a year ago (on special, and cheaper than any of the other guest -- much cheaper than our 2014 prices). Your voucher expired on August 25, 2013. You called us on the first of May hoping you had not wasted your money, and asked if Wahoo’s would allow you to still use your OUT-of-DATE Livingsocial this year. The owner said it was not a problem. Wahoo's went above and beyond, to call you every time we had a Wilson Creek trip going out to invite you to join the guest list. We tried to include you on several days in May - the 4th, 8th, 17th, 18th then finally the 25th. Finally, on the 23rd you confirmed that you could attend the Wilson Creek trip on the 25th.
The 25th comes and you stated to our staff and guest that you are a "Professional River Guide", and came with two dozen doughnuts in hand. You offered the doughnuts to our guides in-lieu of a TIP. Being a self proclaimed professional river guide yourself, you should know how important a financial tip is to the financial lifestyle of a river guide, and their need to feed their families. The staff was happy for the doughnuts, but I know that they would have rather had the dollars. You were heard by many of our guest, BOASTING about your experiences and credentials. Our staff was excited about having another experienced rafter going down the river with them.
The trip you attended was already SOLD OUT, yet we were happy to work you in. Everyone is told, when making reservations for Wilson Creek, the river is dependant on weather and rainfall. On the 23rd when your reservation was finally confirmed, our local weather station listed .48 of an inch of new rainfall. Yes, levels were a little low, but late May is the ending of the Wilson Creek season due to less chance of rain. The first half of May had normal rainfall, but you chose not to attend because the weather was too cold for you. Fine, we understand that concern-- believe it or not, Wahoo's cannot control the weather. Wahoo's cannot make it warmer on the cooler days, nor have we harnessed the power to control the rain. The guides stated that the river was a little low, it was at -5 below zero, which still promises for a great trip for you (the guest). The levels were challenging enough that a few of our experienced guest were tossed out and “swam” during their adventure, and had a blast doing so.
This SOLD OUT trip that you attended had several levels of rafters, you the professional, a few seasoned whitewater rafters(world travelers), extreme kayakers, and several neophytes to the sport. Wahoo's was DELIGHTED to have you, and was happy that you had taken advantage of the GREAT DEAL through Livingsocial, even though it was OUT-of-DATE.
The next day, the office was aBUZZ about the great trip on the Wilson Creek the day before. We received two phone calls from guest first thing in the morning, praising our staff and the experience they had on the river. SO, when you called that day stating you were unhappy, we were all floored. The staff member that took your call, was on that same trip, and said that she had a great time and asked what was wrong. She stated that your remark was (paraphrasing here) '...Of course you would think it was great, you wouldn't know the difference...you are not a professional...' Our staff member was offended by your snide comment and forwarded the call to the owner. The owner asked what the issue was, you stated that the water level was too low. The owner said that, "everyone else had a great time, but we want you to be happy too… I will be happy to extended to you to go again, WHEN THE WATER LEVEL IS HIGHER for FREE!" Let me restate that ...you were invited back for FREE!
So to recap, Wahoo's allowed you to use an OUT-of-DATE livingsocial, you chose to pass on a few trips because it was too cold, you did not tip the guides, you offended our staff member, PLUS you were then offered a FREE trip to return. With all this being known, you chose to give Wahoo's Adventure a negative review. You are welcome to your opinion, we heard your concern when you called and we did our best to address it immediately. What else could we have done?

I guess it is true - NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED! Thank you for your review, although ludicrous. Sharing your situation with the world wide web, has allowed Wahoo’s the chance to elaborate on this event from the company's perspective.
Sincerely - Virginia Roseman, Director of Public Relations, Wahoo’s Adventures
Hickory, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun for one day outing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Thank you to Jeffrey for setting us up and sending us on our way on the New River! Fun way to spend Memorial Day. Will be back with some Girl Scout troops.. be prepared!

1 Thank ChristyJF