Super 8 Boone NC
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
1,043 results
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleanstaff was very friendlywould stay againbagelscontinental breakfastapp statethe blue ridge parkwayblowing rocksuper8ncratesmountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2011

After reading some bad reviews we decided to stay here anyways. I guess the bad reviews lowered our expectations because we thought the place was great. Our 7 year old loved it! The indoor pool was too cool for me but she thought it was the highlight of the place! Getting an early start on breakfast was great too. It really helped out our budget. Our daughter asked when we were coming back. Our only complaint is the hot water was very sensitive. Turn it just a hair to the right and the water was freezing cold, turn a hair to the left and the water was too hot. We did have some younger people next to us that kept me up the 1st night by letting their door slam at 12 in the morning, but that was it. Had a great time!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank scooter03
Super8boone, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize about any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We would, also, like to let you know that we have made many changes to our hotel and hope you can enjoy them during your next trip to Boone!

Reviewed 24 January 2011

My wife & I stayed here in january 2011. The rooms are decent but small, and the bed is like sleeping on rocks. My wife's side of the bed was tilted. The weekend we were there, there was a church group, teens every where. They were all cussing up a storm even skate boarding down the hallways all through the night. Wwe had a non smoking room that might as well have been a smoking room. teens next to us were smoking and it was coming right through the ventilation. We actually went out into the cold outside that night to get fresh air. very stinky motel. price is ok but definitely won't stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stratamster238

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We would, also, like to let you know that we have made many changes to our hotel and hope you can enjoy them during your next trip to Boone!

Reviewed 1 November 2010

Every year my siblings and I visit Sugar Mountain. We've stayed at Super 8 for the past 3 years. Unless there is a drastic change, we will not stay again. The first 2 years was wonderful. There were no major issues and everything went smooth. This January started as a nightmare. First, I call for a late check in, when we arrived they had already billed my credit card for all 3 nights. I had called the clerk 2 hours prior to inform her that because of traffic we would be arriving at 8pm instead of 6pm. I also informed her that I was paying cash, she assured me there were no problems, she would note my reservation and everything would be taken care of once we arrived. Not only did they bill my credit card for the 3 nights, I paid cash as well. When she handed me a receipt to sign is when I asked what this was for. She informed me that was the charges for the room. I informed her, "I just paid you cash". She then realized what she had done but wanted to refund my cash not the charge to my credit card. I literally had to argue with this woman and demand she credit my card. Finally she did what I asked.
2nd mishap, we had no hot water. When I say no I mean none, not one drop. I called the front desk to have her tell me they turn the hot water heater down and she would have maintenence turn it up. I couldnt believe this. We had to deal with this all 3 days. Needless to say we were very disappointed. The rooms themselves were ok. Its not the Marriott but we werent staying in the Marriott so I didnt expect it to be exceptionally cozy. You get what you pay for and the 1st two years we were fine with this. However I believe this was the last straw. They never once offered an apology or discount. This year coming we will pay a little more and hopefully have a better experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RSH8669

Reviewed 27 October 2010

I attempted to stay at the Super 8 Motel in Boone for Labor Day weekend, but the bed was so uncomfortable I could not fall asleep. The bed must have been very old. I tried lining up four pillows in a long row but even so, I could feel the springs in my back and could not fall asleep because the mattress plainly hurt. I asked the front desk for help but they did not have anything to offer, not a cot or an inflatable mattress or a better bed.

I had checked in the afternoon of September 4 and then went out with a group, returning around 10:00 at night. I did not realize until near midnight that I was not going to be able to fall asleep in that bed. I left the hotel around midnight, and the front desk attendant told me he was not a manager but would see to having the charges reversed the next day. I stopped at the Hampton down the street but there were no other rooms available in the area. (My 2001 Toyota car seat was by far so much more comfortable I might have slept there but it was going to be very cold at night!) I was looking forward to hiking but had to give up my mountain holiday vacation and head home. I left around midnight and checked in at the Hampton in Winston Salem which was the closest available that weekend being that it was in a business district empty of tourists. I had to pay for another hotel and do not agree that I should be billed also by Super 8 for a room that was unusable by their own fault.

I filed a complaint with Super 8 and was told I would receive a response by October 14th. I called again after receiving no response and was told they would now be given until October 28th to respond. I received a response this week that they were not planning to offer a refund since I had not checked out until 4:30 in the morning! This cannot be true since I have receipt from the Winston Salem Hampton that I checked in there at 2:17 am! The Super 8 needs to spend the money for new beds, and stop making up stories to stick me with charges for their negligent management. All I wanted was a simple place to stay in Boone. A minimal requirement for any motel or hotel would be a bed in which a person can sleep.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank rhapsodymd

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Attending a Appalachian State football game, we looked for best-rated hotel in area. This place was near the college campus and offers free breakfast (with excellent upkeep service). It even has a heated pool. The staff was friendly and helpful as well as clean (no bedbugs in sight). Negatives: No morning newspapers and I did not particularly like the shower's floor mat. It felt slimy to me. My husband thought it was the shower's type of mat, and not a cleanliness issue.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family