“My Horrible Getaway”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“My Horrible Getaway”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Upon arriving, I was already informed that the hotel and others properties were sold out for the weekend due to the game in town, when I called to informed front desk of our late arrival. He then told me they were out of NON smoking rooms, and that we were re assigned to a smoking room, SMH!! However me and my bestfriend were in town for a wedding for our Coworker. Id give the Exterior of the property a "4" out of "5".. But thee Interior ("-1" out of 5) it was Screaming a FaceLift!!! Although Front desk was very Professional. But once we got into the room.. Totally a different story.. It was so late when we checked in that we were so tired from the 3 hr drive we jus wanted to rest. But while I was preparing for bed, I pulled my comforter backed and discovered LONG Black female hair on my pillow case and sheet. We quickly got dressed and went to the nearest Walmart to Buy a Blanket to put on top of the Comforter cause there was no way I was getting under those sheets. Next morning, my friend discovered the Bathroom and Tub to be Dingy looking, So yet again before we got dressed for the wedding, we had to quickly rushed out to go buy some Cheap Bathroom cleaner to accommodate our stay to our liking!! Some time during our stay I saw a Little creature crawling on the wall, which I thought was a baby roach, smh!! Never the less I killed it and informed the Lady at check out on that sunday of the creature and that we didnt touch the sheets on the bed because of the hair I found. Worst part of this trip is that my bet friend that was with me, had came in contact with "BedBugs" during our stay and possible brought them back home with her.. Ive been trying to speak with the GM about this matter, but It seems that he's never in his office, at least when I call. Which I've made Numerous calls since we've returned back home and he's not there whether I call in the morning or early afternoon in hopes to catch him... This Frustrates me to the Up most because this was my choice of place to stay, since I work for the company (definitely not a Super8 property) and couldnt accommodate our stay else where due to the Game selling other properties out!! My advice would be to stay else where..... at some point all hotels should so some type of remodeling /upgrade

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the problems you experienced. I am extremely sorry about all of the issues you had. I have let maintenance and housekeeping know about the difficulties and we are working to fix the situation. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the High Country.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Forest
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very Good place to stay. Motel is in good location in Boone, NC and relatively close to ASU. Hotel staff were very good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you so much for reviewing the Super 8! We are pleased to hear that you had a good stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are up in the High Country.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2013

When paying the price-gouging rate of $400 for 2 nights [parents' weekend], I somehow found the 10am-sharp Sunday morning removal of "breakfast" a jarring note. -Along with 11am checkout time Sunday, complete with carts approaching room from both directions 9:30am? Were there really people lined up to check in, clamoring for our vacated rooms?
I'd like to emphasize that all the staff with whom I had contact were unusually pleasant and helpful.
I blame the policies of this chain and consider that the lovely staff are probably fellow victims -along with guests.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the problems you had while at our Hotel. I am sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. Thank you for the kind words about our staff; we try to make sure everyone leaves happy. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the High Country!

Travellers are raving about these Boone hotels

Raleigh
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We realize the Super8 is not a luxury property, but there was mildew in the bathroom and the A/C never cooled the room. At $168 per night, would have expected an HD TV instead of an old tube model, what a joke. Would never stay there again. Good location near university.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for expressing the issues you had during your stay. I am sorry your stay was less than ideal. I have let housekeeping know about the problems you had with the cleanliness of your room, as well as make maintenance aware of the issues you encountered with the A/C. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Boone!
Solon
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a great little hotel located close to Appalachian State University and downtown Boone, NC. The staff is very friendly and efficient and the rooms are moderately price. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the morning included a nice complimentary breakfast to get you on your way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay a the Super 8. I am pleased to hear you had a good stay, and thank you for your kind words about our staff. Hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the High Country!