“worste hotel experience ever”
Review of Super 8 Boone NC

Super 8 Boone NC
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Boone NC

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We came to town for the annual visit to autumn at Oz. The entire city was sold out of rooms, but we were pleased to have the super 8 based on the pictures. Our first room felt icky.. the knobs were missing from the AC unit, no safety lock on the door, and it was extremely small. We called and were moved to a MUCH better room. As always, we stripped the comforters off the bed and slept with the sheets. The indoor pool was so cold my 6 year old couldn't even stand it. When a 6 year old chooses to not swim, you know it's COLD. The hotel managed to provide us a safe place to spend the night without getting cooties, but that was about it. No pizazz here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your stay. I am sorry you had difficulties during your stay. I'm happy our front desk staff was able to accommodate you and move you into a more suitable room. We are working on the problems you have listed and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the High Country!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Was wanting a weekend away and everything was wonderful until we get to Super 8 to stay. They first tried to charge me more than what the reservation was booked for. Fix that problem. Then we get to our room and the AC didn't work so we called the front desk and they said they would take a look at it right away. 20 mins later still no one had been to look at it. Said there was 6 in front of us but were standing around and then walked out to smoke. Finally they went to take a look after their smoke break...RIGGED it so it would work. A few hours later the room was still not cold called front desk again, this time sending someone right away. The AC was a complete bust. The smoke detector was falling off the wall. The bathroom door knob was falling off. The pool heater was still broken and has been broken for several months. The arcade games didn't give prizes to the winners. Then to top it all off, we left and was guaranteed we wouldn't be charged and now have been charged not once, not twice, BUT THREE times for our 5 hour stay totaling $407.03. Most expensive stay ever. And now no one can figure out how to get me our money back. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. THE PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN AND BULLDOZED!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the problems you experienced while you were here. I am sorry you had so many complications during your stay. This is unacceptable. We are working to fix all the problems you have stated. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in Boone!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Horrible experience. The room had a bad odor. The comforter on the bed smelled disgusting. The price was outrageous for the quality. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am sorry your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I have made housekeeping aware of the issues you encountered with your room. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Boone!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Upon arriving, I was already informed that the hotel and others properties were sold out for the weekend due to the game in town, when I called to informed front desk of our late arrival. He then told me they were out of NON smoking rooms, and that we were re assigned to a smoking room, SMH!! However me and my bestfriend were in town for a wedding for our Coworker. Id give the Exterior of the property a "4" out of "5".. But thee Interior ("-1" out of 5) it was Screaming a FaceLift!!! Although Front desk was very Professional. But once we got into the room.. Totally a different story.. It was so late when we checked in that we were so tired from the 3 hr drive we jus wanted to rest. But while I was preparing for bed, I pulled my comforter backed and discovered LONG Black female hair on my pillow case and sheet. We quickly got dressed and went to the nearest Walmart to Buy a Blanket to put on top of the Comforter cause there was no way I was getting under those sheets. Next morning, my friend discovered the Bathroom and Tub to be Dingy looking, So yet again before we got dressed for the wedding, we had to quickly rushed out to go buy some Cheap Bathroom cleaner to accommodate our stay to our liking!! Some time during our stay I saw a Little creature crawling on the wall, which I thought was a baby roach, smh!! Never the less I killed it and informed the Lady at check out on that sunday of the creature and that we didnt touch the sheets on the bed because of the hair I found. Worst part of this trip is that my bet friend that was with me, had came in contact with "BedBugs" during our stay and possible brought them back home with her.. Ive been trying to speak with the GM about this matter, but It seems that he's never in his office, at least when I call. Which I've made Numerous calls since we've returned back home and he's not there whether I call in the morning or early afternoon in hopes to catch him... This Frustrates me to the Up most because this was my choice of place to stay, since I work for the company (definitely not a Super8 property) and couldnt accommodate our stay else where due to the Game selling other properties out!! My advice would be to stay else where..... at some point all hotels should so some type of remodeling /upgrade

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the problems you experienced. I am extremely sorry about all of the issues you had. I have let maintenance and housekeeping know about the difficulties and we are working to fix the situation. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the High Country.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very Good place to stay. Motel is in good location in Boone, NC and relatively close to ASU. Hotel staff were very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you so much for reviewing the Super 8! We are pleased to hear that you had a good stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are up in the High Country.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

When paying the price-gouging rate of $400 for 2 nights [parents' weekend], I somehow found the 10am-sharp Sunday morning removal of "breakfast" a jarring note. -Along with 11am checkout time Sunday, complete with carts approaching room from both directions 9:30am? Were there really people lined up to check in, clamoring for our vacated rooms?
I'd like to emphasize that all the staff with whom I had contact were unusually pleasant and helpful.
I blame the policies of this chain and consider that the lovely staff are probably fellow victims -along with guests.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the problems you had while at our Hotel. I am sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. Thank you for the kind words about our staff; we try to make sure everyone leaves happy. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the High Country!